U/W photography - best mask and fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like my Volos, but for photography, I don't move much, so as long as I was tied to the anchor line, I probably wouldn't need any fins :wink:

I had the black skirt mask plugged for spearfishers and photographers, but it gave me tunnel vision and the end of the dive was always the same "Did you see that manta ray jumping over the great white shark while the dolphins swam by???" "NO!!?" I switched to the Aqualung Mythos, which I really like.

I have a Mares X-Vision and Atomics splitfins. But I'm thinking of changing my fins to Apollos in future. :wink:

I shoot video and dive with a Cressi Big Eyes and either Apollo Bio-Fins or the original AquaLung Blades. Like the combinations... good vision and good control.

I have been looking at the Big Eyes mask, but currently use a Magnum 2. As for fins, I love my Force Fins. I can manuever better with them than any other fin I've tried. Pivoting, turning, backing up, it doesn't matter, plus I've never gotten a cramp with them, which I used to get with previous fins I've tried.

CAPX28:
i can't comment on the mask as i am currently lookong for one myself

fins.... i love my jets easy to kick and easy to stay put.....no i am not dir and i don't have drysuit either
just like the jets:D

I feel the same way! The jet fins are great. You really get great control with the jets which is a neccessity when taking pictures.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom