UAE East Coast Temperatures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Water temps today ranged from 21C at the bottom to 30C on the surface.

Six of us dived the Ines, four on rebreathers with myself and Marcin on OC, our total run time was 92 mins, and the RB guys significantly longer.

The line was on the bow today with a bit of a current from bow to stern (N->S), nice as we drifted over all the soft corals on the upturned hull, but quite a swim when we returned back to the bow (84M in length).

My buddy today, Marcin.

UAE_4422MCsig_zpsp4ef6twy.jpg

By the propellor

UAE_4427MCsig_zpsann5x4ow.jpg

Ascending from 65M

UAE_4430M2Csig_zpsnjjkhzci.jpg

Glenn is only running one more weekend of trips from Fujairah next weekend then the tech dhow trip in November up to Musandam, hopefully I can make it as it coincides with a visit from my boss that week ..... watch this space.

23-28C today on Inchcape 1. My buddy Kerstin and I dived with The Dive Centre at Sandy Beach and we were the first boat on the site, entry was at 08:59.

We met a few other divers on the way up including somebody that I have seen before on the same site in a full camouflage suit and wearing orange fins :confused:

My main target was again the seahorse

UAE_7013M1Csig_zpsog11kfpp.jpg

Searcaigh

Were the new automobile wrecks properly cleaned before sinking you think? Also, do you know who is in charge of the artificial reef project there? I'd be interested to talk to somebody in the UAE perhaps they can give us technical advice on how to go about setting up the reef and cleaning the potential wrecks. We have lots of auto wreckage and especially military type of vehicles (including Tanks and artillery trucks) that would be very interesting to use for artificial reefs around here.

Searcaigh, that seahorse was certainly accommodating! ♡

Searcaigh

Were the new automobile wrecks properly cleaned before sinking you think? Also, do you know who is in charge of the artificial reef project there? I'd be interested to talk to somebody in the UAE perhaps they can give us technical advice on how to go about setting up the reef and cleaning the potential wrecks. We have lots of auto wreckage and especially military type of vehicles (including Tanks and artillery trucks) that would be very interesting to use for artificial reefs around here.

I will ask the owner of Barracuda next week, but as far as I am aware all of the oils and fluids were drained, not sure if anything else was done though.

Something around the 40-50M mark would be good to have, as we have no wrecks in that range on this side.

---------- Post added November 1st, 2015 at 07:53 AM ----------

Searcaigh, that seahorse was certainly accommodating! ♡

I took over 40 shots of the seahorse, I still don't know if it is male or female, is there anything to differentiate between the sexes without stating the obvious?

UAE_6996MCsig_zpsgnhko0st.jpg

---------- Post added November 1st, 2015 at 12:15 PM ----------

Yesterday I was part of the support team for the dive on U533

We had two boats and eight divers, I provided additional surface and underwater support (retrieving a few bail out bottles and taking some pics).

Met the teams at 30M on their ascent from 110M

IMG_1417F_zpsmyi24maa.jpg

IMG_1421F_zpsml6c7vnf.jpg

UAE_4457M1Csig_zpswngi44lu.jpg

I am sure you can tell that they are smiling

UAE_4468M1Csig_zpsrypgultp.jpg

This was the last trip with Glenn under his ownership of Coastal Technical Divers in Fujairah, he is moving on now to start up a new technical dive shop in Vietnam.

Nice and warm today, water temps from 26C at 23M to 29C on the surface :)

Dived the "Blocks" and "Car Cemetery 2" and pleased to see that some nudis are now inhabiting CC2, namely Phidiana militaris, who normally appear everywhere at times as well as this Dermatobranchus sp

UAE_7067MCsig_zpshevozeas.jpg

On the first dive there were plenty of pairs of Risbecia pulchella and I also found a Phidiana indica

UAE_7028MCsig_zpsscb4ivql.jpg

UAE_7053MCsig_zpshlvdqa3o.jpg

I took a few shots of some closed feather stars and only when I opened them in my computer did I discover that some of them had a few resident shrimp.

UAE_7031MCsig_zpsygehncct.jpg

This was the last trip with Glenn under his ownership of Coastal Technical Divers in Fujairah, he is moving on now to start up a new technical dive shop in Vietnam.

He sold CTD? Why? Who are the new owners?

VIETNAM???? Why?

He sold CTD? Why? Who are the new owners?

VIETNAM???? Why?

Not 100% sure who is going to be running the CTD on a day to day basis, but somebody called Simon Nadim from Lebanon is the new owner.

UAE is becoming more expensive and there are plans for corporate tax on small businesses such as the dive ops here. Given that this year, in particular the first few months were very bad weather wise, these guys were not making much money.

Why Vietnam, low running cost for starters and 100% ownership for starters, I am sure Glenn has done all his homework, he has some other plans too ..... watch this space :wink:

I wonder if that's the same Simon that owned Al Boom in 2004.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not 100% sure who is going to be running the CTD on a day to day basis, but somebody called Simon Nadim from Lebanon is the new owner.

UAE is becoming more expensive and there are plans for corporate tax on small businesses such as the dive ops here. Given that this year, in particular the first few months were very bad weather wise, these guys were not making much money.

Why Vietnam, low running cost for starters and 100% ownership for starters, I am sure Glenn has done all his homework, he has some other plans too ..... watch this space :wink:

Very bad news about the taxes if true.

Is diving in Vietnam popular and accessible? I never hear anything about it.

---------- Post added November 8th, 2015 at 12:18 PM ----------

Simon Nadim appears to be a young tech. instructor from Lebanon with an active dive operations there and seems to be getting into the UAE scene as well. He is a ccr, cave and tech instructor wit lots of exploration work.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom