UAE East Coast Temperatures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wonder if that's the same Simon that owned Al Boom in 2004.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not related.

As Burhan mentions he is a tech diver and has done a lot of exploration work in the past, frequently with Glenn BTW.

Not sure how it is all going to pan out, but in any case I am working on a plan B and have a few other tech divers that I am comfortable diving with, so a monthly bimble on the Ines is planned at any rate.

Searcaigh

Please do your best to hook me up with people there who have expertise in creating wrecks out of wrecked vehicles. I have access to lots of military vehicles including Tanks I'd like to clean up and put in the sandy areas of our shore here in Libya. I could use the help with suggestions on how/what to clean up in these wrecks and how to move them, etc.

Last edited:
Burhan,

I spoke with Mohammed from Barracuda on Friday and he informed me that they just drained oil and other fluids, obtained permission from the Coast Guard and the police and that was all.

The police only wanted to check that the vehicles were not involved in any court cases etc.

Oh and they were moved using a barge and a crane

Searcaigh

Please do your best to hook me up with people there who have expertise in creating wrecks out of wrecked vehicles. I have access to lots of military vehicles including Tanks I'd like to clean up and put in the sandy areas of our shore here. I could use the help with suggestions on how/what to clean up in these wrecks and how to move them, etc.

Burhan, if you could accomplish this you would have quite the dive site...cool.

Burhan, if you could accomplish this you would have quite the dive site...cool.

LOL,you wouldn't believe the number of Tanks and military vehicles that are damaged beyond repair here that can be used for this purpose. I am going to try to sink them in 10 - 15 meter waters in the sandy patches close to shore. I am not sure if we have barges with cranes that are strong enough to lift and carry T52's into their final resting place.

I am going to make sure that all fluids, grease, batteries, fluid pipes/lines, asbestos (if any), wires and anything else I believe is a pollution hazard are removed before sinking.

The barges I would imagine are necessities to transport the vehicles. While the cranes would be nice to pick and place the vehicles, if you get the right type of barge you can just push them off.

I would imagine if you can collect and emplace several tanks near each other you would have created quite the dive site with historical weapons.

Good luck... :)

Ines again today, no current, and apart from a shoal of around 100 barracuda on my way down at around 40M, no major big stuff around the wreck at all :(

I did not have my camera ready for the barracuda unfortunately as I was focusing (pardon the pun) on my descent with two people that I have never dived with before.

Water temps on the bottom 23C, and at 5M 27C. I was wearing an old rental 3mm suit that did not particularly feel warm, especially since I was breathing trimix.

Rudder Reef

One of the prop blades, around 2M in length

Buddies on deco

Well we have had National Holidays here which turned into having 3 days off this week.

In my less than infinite wisdom I decided to go to Oman for a couple of days without much research in that this was also coinciding with some Oman holidays coming up resulting in border crossings from hell and discovering that part of the Dubai - Hatta Road (the section from Madam through the area of Oman to Hatta) is off limits to non-Emiratis, and non-Omanis adding another hour to the journey.

So long story short, I spent two days diving off Fujairah, basically Inch 10, Deep Reef, the Blocks and 3 Cars using Barracuda Dive centre.

Had some awesome dives, lots of large seahorses including a pregnant one, and plenty of nudibranchs.

Hypselodoris kanga (Family name may have changed - some new updates going one with nudis at the moment)

Oman Hawkfish paler than any I have ever seen hiding in some white coral bushes at Deep Reef (27M)

Yet to ID this one, but it is becoming very common

Another tiny one

Water temps are 26/27C, air temps are not much higher now maxing at 29/30C

---------- Post added December 5th, 2015 at 04:07 PM ----------

Surface conditions were pretty good too

Last edited:
First dives last Wednesday in almost 4 weeks due to a bad cold.

3 Rocks and Inchcape 1 were the two dive sites, water temp 24C from surface to bottom on both dives.

Mega current on Inchcape 1, managed to have a 20 minute solo dive before the first divers arrived from the boat I was on due to concerns taking some less experienced divers into the current.

Port side of the stern, sheltering from the current

Massive ball of snapper, there were a lot of jack buzzing around looking for lunch

There also appeared to be a lot more catfish around than usual, I found two separate groups, normally there is only one.

All in all a good dive, bringing my total dives for the year at 107, best since I left Saudi in 1997.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom