UAE East Coast Temperatures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well you are only a hop skip jump and splash away Jumana :)

Gordon,
Just to let you know we have a confirmed sighting of a Mimic Octopus on the East coast. As well as lots of Melibe and few other interesting finds. All in 7m of water :)

Stewart, I was going to contact you about this, Stevy mentioned something when I was picking up my tanks last week.

Ghost pipefish?

10M vis on Deep Reef and Inch 10 yesterday, temperature 23C

Using a shot line from Barracuda's boat, and sending up an SMB on the line to indicate that it is on the right spot.

Nice Janolus sp spotted as well as a great range of critters that provided interesting subjects to photograph.

Second dive was on Inch 10, not as busy with nudis though as we normally expect it to be.

Very good mooring line now on this wreck with its own eco system and family of filefish as well as one batfish. I am sure we are going to have nudis on it too at some stage.

So Stewart, can Kerstin and I join you at this site at some point?

I'm sure that can be arranged. We are keeping it a bit hush hush whilst we survey it. Do you still have dive access to the EMEG beach?

Hi Stewart,

Thanks for the call, hope to see you in the coming weekends.

Felt a bit warmer today, although it was still 23C, surface air temps were 30C, summer is coming.

Lots of Banded Sea Kraits on Deep Reef, unfortunately the 60mm lens is not the best for carpeting them, especially as I use manual focus.

We found one pregnant seahorse, but he was deep in some soft coral and I really didn't want to disturb him, so no pics. Couple of Tobies provided some subject matter in between the sea snakes

Second site was Three Cars, just heaving with nudis, loads of Phyllodesmium sp

Looks like nudi season is in full swing now :D

Did some shore diving this weekend. Lots of interesting stuff including 7 new records for Opisthobranchs

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Excellent shots Stewart.

Kerstin and I were going to head up to do a shore dive after our boat dives but my ears were not feeling great so we had lunch at the marina and headed home.

Not sure about next weekend, I was planning to head down to the Damaniyats with a friend of mine who will be over from the UK.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom