UAE East Coast Temperatures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Took out our boat on a cheeky mid week dive. As it was the 1st day of Ramadan everywhere was quiet. Did a speed run from FMIC to Dibba Island, and it was well worth it. In the shallows we had fantastic and the fish life would have put the Red Sea to shame.

Highlight was a 2m Black tip that was cruising around at 12m. On the way back we Dropped in at Martini which wasn't as good.

Surface temps are now 30 with 25 at depth :) Off up north to the Mussandam for the weekend and expect similar

I have been traveling too much over the past month, very little diving :( but I do have a few dives planned this coming weekend.

My last dive was on the Ines 3 weeks ago, 23C at the bottom, still plan to use my 18-70mm on Friday at least for Deep Reef.

Last edited:
So at last, the water is getting warm although there is a variation.

Friday Deep Reef 28M - 25C and Inchcape 10 22M - 25C

Saturday Inchcape 2 22M - 28C and Martini Rock 20M - 27C

At last I managed to use my new 3mm suit in UAE :D

Lots of sea snakes on Deep Reef, I was shooting with my 18-70 on Friday with variable results

full

full

On Saturday I reverted back to my 60mm

full

Surprised to see these guys on Martini Rock

full

On Saturday I was the only person on the boat with Ken Atkinson's east coast operation (ProDive), totally spoiled :D

On Saturday I was the only person on the boat with Ken Atkinson's east coast operation (ProDive), totally spoiled :D

Ken's started operating in the East Coast also? I'm totally out of touch with developments....

Hi D, yes Ken bought the dive op at the Oceanic Hotel late last year I think. It's a well designed dive centre by the look of things, and did have a floating jetty at one point but it got washed away during one of the winter storms, the bay at the Oceanic is not protected by any breakwater if I remember correctly (I was only there two days ago :rolleyes:

It comes under the name of Al Bahar Al Azraq Diving Center which means Blue Sea Diving Centre :D

Nice big boat too. Funnily enough Seven Seas boat was on Martini when we pitched up to dive Inch 2 and they had 9 divers on board. We were doing our SI on Inch 2 when Al Doom arrived with 6 divers and after I finished my dive on Martini, Divers Down arrived with a full boat >10 divers.

A tale of two Inches

So getting back into East coast diving, I seem to have been getting 2 trips a week in over the past month.

Am loving the Inches, perhaps in the year since I last went out I've become better at seeing small stuff. But loving.

Visited Inch 1 and Inch 10. Vis on Inch 10 wasn't the best, But the life on both was fantastic. on Inch 10 it went dark with the shoal of Yellow snappers over the wreck. Likewise in Inch 1 we had the snappers and trevalli hunting through them.

Apart from the flurry of commercial divers, some being held down by their inflator hose at 30M (really what are the guides thinking?) and avoiding being kicked by them Inch 1 was superb.

However at the bottom on both wrecks we had temps of 24! quite unnecessary. Surface was above 30. A couple of times I wanted my drysuit at depth.

Over Eid expect to dive another couple of days before heading to Dibba for a weekend on the Mussandam. Excellent:)

23C on the bottom of Deep Reef, The Blocks and Inch 10, frikken cold to say the least in a 3mm wetsuit. I noted 44C on the drive back.

Still to download my shots, probably later as we have just finished washing out out gear.

We only had one dive on Inch 10 this morning due to a medical incident with another diver, who was part of three Americans on the boat. Yanni and I were last on, neither of us heard the banging on the side of the boat and were unaware of the situation until we surfaced.

The victim was on 100% O2 when I climbed aboard, but that was soon depleted and I donated an S30 of 50% for him to breath until we reached the marina were the paramedics were already waiting. By then he could move all of his limbs and was feeling cold.

It appeared that the victim had surfaced and lost some feeling down one side of his body, which to me sounded like a possible stroke. He was then taken to hospital and had a scan etc., and pronounced okay! He is currently as I type driving back to Abu Dhabi.

Blimey!!! Good news the victim is Okay. Bit concerning the boat ran out of O2. We carry an S80 on our kits for East and West, Which would be good for 1.5 hrs @25l min we take 2 for the Mussandam to supplement the Boats supply (based on 6-8 hr worst case transit.

Food for thought on recall signal. We used to use 3 revs on Engines, but the new motors don't have a fast idle throttle that lets you rev out of gear. If banging on boat or ladder can't be heard I wonder what the solution is

Couple of pics from the second dive on Friday (don't have enough time to edit them all)

Hypselodoris kanga laying eggs

full

Caloria (Phidiana) militaris with friend

full

Back
Top Bottom