UAE East Coast Temperatures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

might be off topic but can you please elaborate on what happened in post 374 ?

First of all there is a chamber in Fujairah but not for public use and as it is in the port area where a special security pass is required to enter even if you are dying.

The person who was affected is still not diving and it is believed that on a previous dive on U533 he had some issue i the same area of his shoulder joint that was attributed to hanging on the line in a strong current, however it could have been a minor hit.

The Chamber in Abu Dhabi is also not in Zayed Military Hospital but elsewhere I believe, the doctor was contacted on the drive to Abu Dhabi and the chamber was ready when they arrived. The victim breathed O2 all the way to Abu Dhabi, I don't recall any mention of additional issues during the journey.

thank you for your efforts and I hope your friend is well by now.

when I asked, it was meant to be a road map for divers in UAE, in case of an emergency situation. reading about dive accidents in florida is one thing but to dealing with a case/victim is definitely something else.

btw, whats the visibility like in Fujairah now?

A good weekend of mixed diving, four dives in total.

Fri: Inchcape 10 and Car Cemetery 2
Sat: Deep Reef and Three Cars

Shot wide angle on the first dive each day, not so great on Inch 10 but amazing vis on Deep Reef.

Not downloaded my macro shots yet but here is a sampler of some of my wide angle shots

Dive Buddy on Friday - Eve

Dive Buddy on Saturday - Kerstin

Bottom temps were 24C, surface temp 30C and air temps 45C

Found a seahorse almost immediately next to the shot line on Deep Reef

However we only had one seasnake encounter

but we did find an electric ray

Some of the macro shots from yesterday and today

Hypselodoris dolfusi

Cuttlefish

Chromodoris anulata

Small Crocodile Fish

The five day weekend for Eid Al Adha did not start well, with five of us planning to dive the Ines on Friday.

On arrival at Fujairah marina the flags were fluttering hard with a the CG putting a 3 mile limit on dive boats. Barracuda decided to go out while we had breakfast at the Bikers Cafe in the marina and watched them return before our coffee had been delivered. Apparently their boat got swamped exiting the marina, all their gear got wet and they didn't even dive!

By Saturday the weather calmed down, my buddy Kerstin dived with Barracuda and they had a good dive with only four people on the boat.

On Sunday Kerstin, Marcin and I went out on Wisam's boat for a double dive on Deep Reef. Kerstin and I splashed first and hit a thermocline at 9m, 24C all the way to the bottom. Fortunately I had been forewarned and was in my 5mm :D

Visibility was not the best, but acceptable and I continue to play around with wide angle on this reef as we rarely see any nudibranchs here, but there are plenty of sea snakes and seahorses.

Welp, looks like I might be headed out that way sooner than later..... Hopefully I'll be there by the end of the month, although it will be touch and go with time to do anything other than work for probably 6 months.

Barracuda decided to head up to Khorfakkan to dive on Monday, the visibility was marginally better than off Fujairah approaching 5m, but it was frikken cold at 23C on Anemone Gardens and 24C on Inchcape 2.

Nonetheless a couple of enjoyable dives.

Hypselodoris dollfusi hanging in the current

Boxfish and cleaner wrasse

Chromodoris annulata and dragonet

Stacks of nudis on Inch 2, nothing rare though just the usual suspects, however I did spot a Phyllidia ocellata on Anemone Gardens, a species that I have not seen here in this region. Rather large too at around 7cm.

Nice flat calm conditions on Friday as the three boats set off for the Ines with 10 of us aboard, 9 rebreathers and me :D

On reaching the site, which is 16km offshore in one of the largest ship parking spots in the world, we dropped the shot and the first divers got ready to go. The plan as always is the first two divers go down and attach the shot line to the prop area and send up the shot with a lift bag.

After around 10 minutes we started to become concerned as to why no lift bag appeared and from our GPS we noticed that we and the buoy had moved off the wreck, we were drifting!

Our plan for the next wave of divers to follow did not happen and we waited until Angus and Marcin surfaced to find out what had happened.

Apparently the shot line was too short, and had not reached the bottom (72m). Initially Angus had tried to pull the line against the current to the Ines that was out of sight due to poor visibility but found it difficult even when Marcin joined in and even with both of them swimming against the current they eventually gave up and decided to ascend.

After surfacing and knowing what had happened, we prepared a second shot line and restarted the dive plan. This time with Stephen and Sultan it worked and once the shot was retrieved the first boat was tied on and the rest of us started to get ready.

Wisam and I were last in and we met the others on their way up.

When we arrived it was like a night dive, and I was clueless as to where we were since the line was not attached to the usual area, in fact it was near the stern on the starboard side, but the visibility was so bad, perhaps the worst I have experienced on 20+ dives on this wreck.

After 25 mins I signalled to Wisam to ascend and fortunately from his experience he knew where to locate the line and we began our ascent.

We had a total run time of 91 mins after starting our ascent at 26 minutes and my TTS when switching to 100% was also 26 mins, which although seems a long time, passed fairly quickly.

Glad there were no further incidents and everything ended well, Searcaigh!

Today's dives on 3 Cars and Car Cemetery 2 were quite reasonable with close to 5m visibility that soon deteriorated as soon as a couple of newbies jumped in and with rather excessive finning ruined everything. Even though they were not down for long the visibility had deteriorated so bad it made photography extremely challenging.

Bottom temps were 24C

Couple of many nudis spotted

Chelidonura sp

Hypselodoris dollfusi

One of many crocodile fish

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom