UAE West Coast Temperatures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are you using the single unit configuration or the dual unit?
Single, but I might get another one to double it up at some point.

Water temps off the west coast in the Persian Gulf have dropped significantly with some of my friends reporting 19/20C

Fortunately when my buddy @outofofficebrb came to visit it was only 22C when we tested out her nice new BPW.

We did a shore dive at The Bridge and managed 71 mins before we called it quits.

A rare nudibranch was spotted, as well as a couple of cuttlefish, and a toadfish.

Goniobranchus cazae

Toadfish, Colletteichthys occidentalis

Still no seahorses since August 2023, but looking forward to some warmer water soon.

Water temps off the west coast in the Persian Gulf have dropped significantly with some of my friends reporting 19/20C

Fortunately when my buddy @outofofficebrb came to visit it was only 22C when we tested out her nice new BPW.

We did a shore dive at The Bridge and managed 71 mins before we called it quits.

A rare nudibranch was spotted, as well as a couple of cuttlefish, and a toadfish.

Goniobranchus cazae

Toadfish, Colletteichthys occidentalis

Still no seahorses since August 2023, but looking forward to some warmer water soon.
My computer recorded 21C! My boltsnap hangers can confirm.

Back at the Bridge last Wednesday with my buddy Philippe from Abu Dhabi, Eid holiday but everyone else is ether out of town or not available. I was however ready to do a solo, and in fact for a fair bit of the dive I was due to the 1m visibility and only sighting Philippe occasionally.

After 40 mins I found a seahorse, took some photos and left a chopstick marker.

By the time I found Philippe and then relocated the seahorse, at least 15-20 mins had passed and the seahorse was now hanging onto the chopstick.

Water temp was 25C, so getting a bit more comfortable, especially for long dives. Today was 101 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom