UAE West Coast Temperatures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Water temperatures appear to have settled now to a steady 35C, 2-3 degrees warmer than this time last year :shocked:

We found seven seahorses today, including this strange coloured one, which is bluish grey,

Also came across five nudis, all Hypselodoris infucata though.

Diving the east coast tomorrow as it's my best buddy's birthday, expecting water temps around 27C.

Water temperatures appear to have settled now to a steady 35C

That's just as oppressive as topside. I remember diving west cost wrecks in summer with water temps at 34C at 30meters. It wasn't fun at all.

Two dives last week (Wed/Thu) at the Bridge and the seahorses seem to be tolerating the warm water. Spotted five on Wednesday and seven on Thursday when diving with two people from the EDA (Ally and Rania)

Doing more experimental snooting when I solo dive, and less issues with silting from other divers.

I found this strange Heart Urchin when solo diving on the Wednesday

I managed to prise it out to the surface, having followed a trail as it had been moving subsurface for over a meter, using a chopstick.

Within a few minutes it was digging itself in again.

Night dive planned for this coming week.

I've had a couple of dives at the Bridge over the past week, however, today I did a wreck dive off Sharjah, the MY Princess.

Well it was cooler at 33C, so that was nice. Vis was probably around 4m at a couple of the shallower spots, but below 8m it declined rapidly.

I was diving with a group of people that I'd never dived with before, so essentially a solo dive, and I was prepared for that.

I've just had my D300 housing back after a service (first ever in 14+ years). so it was a trial run using my Tokina 10-17mm wide angle lens along with my Sea and Sea YS-D3 strobes. Considering the vis, I'm quite happy with some of the shots.

SaraG

Nasser

Munira

The wreck sank back in February (2023) and we attempted to dive it back then but conditions prohibited us from doing so, primarily due to containers coming loose and creating a hazard to approach the wreck.

However plenty of wreckers have been there and the bridge is well trashed inside :mad:

Logged a total of six dives on My Princess now with Bermuda divers.

The last four dives I've had a couple of my regular buddies with me, Dimitris and Esther, who have both been agreeable to pose for me around the wreck.

Water temps have been 34C so while no need for wetsuits, some protection is required as the wreck is covered with bivalves of some sort, and pretty sharp too.

Dimitris and I found our way into the engine room, and some further exploratory dives are in order.

Next to the starboard anchor

Esther using the Lefeet mini scooter

Dimitris negotiating a passageway underneath one of two cranes on the port side of the ship.

Is she riding a DPV? Do you know what brand/model please?
Yes it's the Lefeet mini scooter, Chinese made and not a bad "toy"

Several of us are now using them since they were introduced post Dubai Boat Show this year.

Yes it's the Lefeet mini scooter, Chinese made and not a bad "toy"

Several of us are now using them since they were introduced post Dubai Boat Show this year.

Good enough to propel a diver in full kit and 5-7 mm wetsuit?

Good enough to propel a diver in full kit and 5-7 mm wetsuit?
Yes, depending on how much full kit you are talking about.

A camera with strobes creates a fair amount of drag, but I've used it against the current at the Bridge on one occasion when I only had the TG6 with housing and it pulled ok at full speed. There are three speed settings and most of the time we use them on second speed to save battery.

Never run out of battery over two dives so far but we're not using them constantly. This wreck is 100m long.

Yes, depending on how much full kit you are talking about.

A camera with strobes creates a fair amount of drag, but I've used it against the current at the Bridge on one occasion when I only had the TG6 with housing and it pulled ok at full speed. There are three speed settings and most of the time we use them on second speed to save battery.

Never run out of battery over two dives so far but we're not using them constantly. This wreck is 100m long.

Are you using the single unit configuration or the dual unit?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom