UAE West Coast Temperatures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My sis and niece live in Dubai, so those water pemps are very tempting to this warm water wuss.
Adding to my list of places.
It goes down to 18/19C in winter and the vis rarely gets beyond 4m

Vis yesterday and today was at best 2m.

That's pretty much muck diving, huh?
Yep, and I love it :D

A midday dive today at the Bridge, air temps well in excess of 40C and water temp 34C, it was hot!

Diving with two other buddies and was also snooting using the 60mm lens.

Best seahorse shot

Also came across an Armina sp. munching on a sea pen

A nice two hour 20 min dive today around lunchtime, hot air temps (45C) and 34C water temp.

I decided to use my 105mm lens today, but was regretting it as the vis was the worst it's been in weeks at 2m or less.

However, I did manage to get up close to some shrimp gobies with it, but no shrimps.

I also came across a very orange seahorse in an area I hadn't explored in a while, so that was a bonus.

Snooting with the 105mm lens proved too much with the autofocus and less than clear conditions though.

Back at the Bridge again this morning for a nice relaxing solo dive and doing some exploring in a rubble area looking for nudis.

I was not disappointed :D

Goniobranchus obsoletus

Also found some Kabeiro rubroreticulata on hydroids

As well as an Elysia sp. that I've not seen before

Water temp a nice 34C

Back at the Bridge again this morning for a nice relaxing solo dive and doing some exploring in a rubble area looking for nudis.

I was not disappointed :D

Goniobranchus obsoletus

Also found some Kabeiro rubroreticulata on hydroids

As well as an Elysia sp. that I've not seen before

Water temp a nice 34C

I think that by now you should have enough material/photos for Nudis in the UAE to publish a book about them. Your book will be the only one for UAE :)

Water was 35C this afternoon, no nudis, but several seahorses including the smallest one I've found so far at this site.

Apologies for the poor focus

Back in the hydroids where I found it

Got a much better shot of that juvenile seahorse today

Found NINE in total during the dive whilst exploring another area despite my main intention to find nudibranchs today.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom