UEMIS.com down

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nope, not for me..

Here neither. :no:

What I find the most annoying about all this is that we are talking about the single most expensive dive computer and the company behind it. This is not some 300 dollar disposable computer but the top of the line - and one of the heavily advertised features is failing without a clear communication what's happening and why it isn't getting fixed.

I am beginning to question the wisdom of my purchase.

I'm able to go to the UEMIS website, and I'm able to login to myuemis, but I can't sync my dives. I hope they this fixed soon. I've submitted a support ticket for the problem.

Ron

Did I mention that uemis has to give us a way to download dives to the local system WITHOUT HAVING AN INTERNET CONNECTION?

So no, an export function from the uemis.com website is not sufficient.
I need to be able to download the dives to my local computer.
The uemis Zurich already supports all the functionality that is needed. All the .jar needs to do is to write non-encrypted XML to the virtual drive that it exposes to the user... you could document the XML format but even without it - I'm sure we'll reverse engineer it in a heart beat.

This is an absolute must and recent events show a clear picture why this is a must. To be honest this should take priority over Trimix. Users are clearly vulnerable at this point.

I received a reply to my support ticket 45 minutes after submitting it. They are aware of the connect/sync problem and are working on it.

I'm pleased with the prompt response to my support ticket, and hope the problem is resolved soon. I'm going to Coz in a week.

Ron

I received a reply to my support ticket 45 minutes after submitting it. They are aware of the connect/sync problem and are working on it.

I'm pleased with the prompt response to my support ticket, and hope the problem is resolved soon. I'm going to Coz in a week.

Ron

... for what it's worth. Still down.

Ron

On the other hand, it took them two days to tell me to clean the pins, check the craddle and internet connection about my USB issues although I had already written that in my initial support ticket. I've sent them two other comments asking for a RMA as my problem is clearly inside the unit. Still waiting for a response. Therefore their response for my case was not prompt and did not really answer at all my issues. Considering the price of the unit, I think the customer service should be at the same level and this is clearly not the case.

While I am convinced by the features of this computer, I am not convinced at all so far by the 'online support and connectivity'. On thing is sure: being dependant of internet for exchanging data, updating firmware is clearly not the solution. So yes, there's a need for something that does not need internet connection except for downloading drivers, softwares, firmwares...

Still down.

VPI-Agent v.1.06
-------------------------------------------
- Settings
- tunnel id : t_3762778883
- VPI-Portal : vpi.uemis.com:443
- no proxy -
- tunnelSoTimeout: 30000 ms
- connection : TLS
- debug : true
- printHeader : false
- logFile : agent.log
- relaysFile : relays.txt
- retryTimeMs : 5000 ms
- period : 1000 ms

START AgentService
Try to open the tunnel...
Setup the SSLContext...
Setup the SSLContext done.
Set up a socket to do tunneling...
Connection failed !
19:57:34
java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect

The HTTPS server vpi.uemis.com:443 is down. uemis.com doesn't even bother to post that service is down.

Still down.

VPI-Agent v.1.06
- Settings
- tunnel id : t_3762755291
- VPI-Portal : vpi.uemis.com:443
- no proxy -
- tunnelSoTimeout: 30000 ms
- connection : TLS
- debug : true
- printHeader : false
- logFile : agent.log
- relaysFile : relays.txt
- retryTimeMs : 5000 ms
- period : 1000 ms

START AgentService
Try to open the tunnel...
Setup the SSLContext...
Setup the SSLContext done.
Set up a socket to do tunneling...
Connection failed !
22:03:38
java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused

Scubacastor,

Sorry to hear your support experience was not good. Hopefully, your problems will be resolved soon. I agree that local sync capability is necessary, in light of the present connect issue.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom