Uemis SDA-- excellent customer support !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mintaka

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
After one year and about 90 dives my Uemis SDA mis-behaved after my last dive trip. I had originally purchased the unit from the online store in Switzerland (no US distributors at the time), so I called the company and was told I should send the unit to Switzerland in to be checked out. I sent it to them last Tuesday (8/17/10) and received it back on Monday (8/23/10)... less than a week turn around time, Colorado to Switzerland and back. Amazing ! Thanks Uemis :cheers:

I have a similar experience with Uemis. Of course, if would have been better if the unit hadn't failed at all, but it's good to know they're quick if something does happen.

To be fair, I'm not quite sure it actually "failed". I transport the SDA in a plastic box which is a little tight and I think one of the switches was accidentally pressed on for my flight home which caused the SDA to totally discharge. It took a while to charge back up and did some weird things until it did. They (Uemis support) wanted to check it out just to be safe.

Back
Top Bottom