UK Light Cannon 100 for Video Lighting?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Personaly, I'd say that if you already have the light cannon, and don't want to pony up the extra cash for a new video light, then it's adequate. If you don't yet have a light cannon, I'd say pay a little extra and get a real video light.

The biggest issue I have with using my Light Cannon is that it's heavy, so trying to position it (and make it stay in the same place) is quite hard. However, since I already had it, it was a very cheap "addition" to my rig.

The biggest issue I have with using my Light Cannon is that it's heavy, so trying to position it (and make it stay in the same place) is quite hard. However, since I already had it, it was a very cheap "addition" to my rig.

Hey James,

What kind of arms are you using? I thought the same thing but using the Ultralight buoyancy arms really helps.

I know this is a discussion of light canons, but since we are on the subject of lights... if money wasnt a serious concern what would you really want to own. I shoot using a quest halogen video light but I want to upgrade. I am looking at an HID but I want to do it just once. As an LDS owner I am familiar with a lot of lights but I think that is my problem. I just dont know which one to choose.

Thanks
Rich

On the test dive for my housing last Saturday I was using dual light cannons each with a 12" double buoyancy arm connected to the housing and an 8" double buoyancy arm between the 12"er and the light. Unfortunately the lights weigh so much that they wouldn't stay in position no matter how tight the clamps were. So I've got 4 dives on this setup now but took off the 8" arm, so I'm just using a 12" arm and the light. Its working out great! Too bad with white balancing and using a gel as a filter the light comes out super pink. I think I might cut some CTB gel and put it in the light to color correct it. Hope this helps.

Billy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom