UK SL4 LED w/cree R2 and LEDs for halcyon scout

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent, is there any advantage to the R2 over the R5 module?

Jim

The R5 has twice as much light so it a awsome main light. but the R2 is more visable during the day because the beam is blue in tint make a great crives light.

thanks Jim got the light today. Cant wait to try it out in the Caribbean next week. May even order an R5 down the road to toss in the SL4 so I can switch between the 2 bulb types for the different purposes.

thanks Jim got the light today. Cant wait to try it out in the Caribbean next week. May even order an R5 down the road to toss in the SL4 so I can switch between the 2 bulb types for the different purposes.

Thanks have fun in that warn water it was 84* in Cozumel. Dive safe have fun

Will the R2 and/or R5 that I bought to go with my SL4s fit in a Halcyon Scout?

Thanks for the quick response. My R5 arrived today. I haven't h'sad the chance to get it wet, but it's waaayyyyy brighter than the previouis module. It's brighter than my UK c4Led. Great transaction and I'll let everyone know how well it performs on the next night dive.

Will the R2 and/or R5 that I bought to go with my SL4s fit in a Halcyon Scout?

The lights are made different. It will fit in, but it will be on all the time. You maybe able to but a peice of shrink tube around the end part of the Module or around the ground wire inside the light. Hope this helps

I got my lights the other day. Thanks for answering my questions and making the whole transaction fast and painless.

The torches have very impressive output and I look forward to using them soon. The only thing that I'm a bit concerned about is that there is considerable force required to push the bezel down and get the threads started - the leaves me a bit concerned that I'll damage the threads by accidentally cross threading them. The concern is offset by what I'm anticipating the battery life to be.

I got my lights the other day. Thanks for answering my questions and making the whole transaction fast and painless.

The torches have very impressive output and I look forward to using them soon. The only thing that I'm a bit concerned about is that there is considerable force required to push the bezel down and get the threads started - the leaves me a bit concerned that I'll damage the threads by accidentally cross threading them. The concern is offset by what I'm anticipating the battery life to be.

If you wet the Oring and threads a little before you but it together helps. Put I try LEDS in my lights before I send then. So it gets taken off and on about 20 times a week. With out it ruining the threads. Just don't force it. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom