ULCS vs INON for tray and handles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm ulcs arm system user and i like the handle with its rubber grip which prevent slip no matter you are on glove or not. Then, i like its tray (tr-d) cause it static the housing when you attach on it.

I think both are viable choices, but make sure that you can adjust the spacing between the housing and the handle on the right side.
Bill

Just as a matter of interest, what's wrong with the new Ike handles?
In the past, I have removed the Ike handles from the tray and replaced them with ULCS handles.
Ike handles with a ball mount seem OK to me, my buddy uses them on his DSLR system and he likes them. . .a lot!
BTW, I use a home-made tray with ULCS handles and am very happy also.
Bruce

I use a home made tray with I-das handles. The style is just a personal choice I guess, although I agree that you need to be able to adjust the handles so that they are in the best position to reach the camera controls.

Thank you all for your contributions which are helping me to make the better decision.

I haven't made the decision yet but I will make it in the following days.

Hopefully, I will be back with a photo of my new and ergonomic tray and handles gear.

ULCS makes top notch gear in my opinion, you can't go wrong with them. I haven't used the Inon products, but generally their quality is also very good. Let us know how it goes! - Scott

The Inon tray has a different attach bolt pattern than Ikelite uses. I am sure both UCLS and Ikelite offer trays that work with the Ikelite housing, the Inon is designed for their lens adapter mounted to the OEM compact camera housings. Such was the case with the Inon tray I used to have in my procession. You can make an adapter, I did just that, if you want

N

The Inon tray has a different attach bolt pattern than Ikelite uses.
N

Thank you Nemrod for your reply,

Inon has a special version of tray, the Grip Base M1 12-24, designed for Ikelite compact and ultracompact housings.

So, you don't need any adapter to attach the Ikelite housing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom