Unable to remove D1 wrist seals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NJMike

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I cannot pull the wrist seals out of my D1 drysuit. And there is NO information that I can find anywhere that shows or explains how to do it. Since the suit is marketed as being able to easily replace seals, it's somewhat interesting that the owners manual says nothing.

SimplyScuba has a video on YouTube but I can't believe that Waterproof is relying on that as the official instructions. In the video the guy simply pulls out the seal by grabbing the silicone and yanking on it.

I'm not brave enough to simply pull on the silicone. I tried pulling the hard ring out but all I accomplished was leaving indentations across the tips of my fingers.

So I'm asking for some help. How are the wrist seals supposed to be pulled out of the D1?

One final question - are there different size seals? Is there a women's seal that's smaller?

Hmm. Well, I like the suit but that doesn't mean everything with Waterproof is perfect. But I am making progress each day as I look at and play with my suit. I am now waiting for new seals to arrive. The youtube video was helpful, but I still had to call DiveRightInScuba to get some verbal assistance. After that, I was able to remove them.

HI NJMike-
Hopefully the videos offered some insight into proper installation and removal, it's fairly straightforward. It's important to note that if you require some assistance, please email us directly at info@waterproof-usa.com or scuba@tusa.com and we will get do our best to get you proper information. Posting here in the forum for a reply from Waterproof is not always the best since we can't monitor the forums all the time.
Also, Waterproof Sweden and SI TECH Sweden work closely together and have developed the oval ring systems, Antares Dry Glove system and silicone seals cooperatively. So, a great resource for further information is SI TECH, SI TECH AB
Here is a pdf of their version of the Oval system for reference.

That's good info, thanks. But like I said, your G1 5MM gloves are so good that I may not need the dry gloves.

The wrist seals are a different story. My suit is now enroute to you in CA. There is no question that they are leaking (sorry). Please see my other thread because I need help on this. My local dive shop is not helping me out at all.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom