Under $200 Dive Watch Recomendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fnfalman,
curious why you're so high on seiko. does it have a superior bevel etched vs painted? Does it have better ( more scratch resistant ) glass? Better automatic winding mechanism? Just from web search found invecta and liked its simple straight forward look. Not that the seiko i was looking at didn't have similar characteristics. anyway appreciate any added insight.
although the seiko seems more expensive they do fit my arbitrary budget.:)
thanks

Seikos are like Toyotas. They're not fancy but they work extremely well. Seiko dive watches are well known for their ruggedness and they have spring bars which are hellaciously stout, even stouter than Omega and Rolex spring bars. So the chances of you losing your watch because the spring bars give away if you were to catch your watch on a dive platform or something to that effect is slim to none.

If you look closely at the finishes on the casings, you will find that the Seiko cases are well polished without lots of machining marks. Easily matches the fit & finish of the fancier Swiss watches. The only "cheap" thing about it is the dial. You can definitely see that the face is cheaply finished, but then the Seiko dive watches are not meant to be anything more than simple tool watches.

I have a Rolex Sea Dweller, two Omega Seamasters and two Seiko divers. I like my Seikos.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom