Undergarment Temp rating

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good day all,

Whites does not assign a temperature rating to our undergarmenrs because the variations between people is so vast in how they retain heat and metabolize. Some divers may stay perfectly warm in an MK2 in 40 degree water while others will freeze! Therfore a assigned temperature rating to an undergarment may be misleading to some.

Having said that, we can provide you with some general guidelines based on our experience and feedback from our customers. The MK2 will keep the average diver warm to a temperature of about 55 degreese if both the jacket and john are worn. Keep in mind that if you are wearing both pieces of the MK2 you want to unzip the sleezes from either the jacket or the john so that you don't have to much bulk in the arms. For those who wish to layer under the MK2 I would suggest the MK1 or the MK0 as they are thin, lightweight undergarments that are extremely stretchy and will not restrict your mobility.

If you tend to get cold easy, or you are diving in extremely cold water (below 50 degreese) the MK3 may be a better choice for you. The MK3 used Primaloft insulation to provide maximum warmth and is our most popular undergarment in the Pacific North West as well as in areas with alot of cold water lake and quarry diving.

Please visit Whites Diving Homepage - Whites Diving for more information on our undergarment selection.

Cheers,

Justin Balaski
Whites Manufacturing Ltd.

My MK3 should be in this week. My feet have been getting cold lately as the water temp has been dropping. Currrently the water temp if 58 degrees. I bought a pair of heavy wool hunting socks from Academy to put over my 3mm neoprene socks. Not only were my feet not cold I wasn't chilled like I have been on previous dives.

I picked up the MK3 today. WOW, this is one thick, heavy duty undergarment. I may die of heat exhaustion before I get in the water. I can't wait to go try it out this weekend. I'll post again next week once I've been in the water with it.
I also ordered the White's hood which came in. Really nice hood. I like the zipper in back.

Back
Top Bottom