Undersea Breathing System Membrane Filter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cgm73

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I got a used membrane, trying to put it together and replace all the filters. Anybody got a clue about replacement filter on Undersea Breathing system membrane? I cant find a number anywhere on filter are any literature about membrane on the internet. Its got a green R on the bottom of the bolt. I cant match housing are filter. Any helps appreciated. thanks
Christopher McKenzie

Attachments

• IMG_1270.JPEG
    IMG_1270.JPEG
    122.5 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1271.JPEG
    IMG_1271.JPEG
    112.2 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_1272.JPEG
    IMG_1272.JPEG
    78.4 KB · Views: 60
No idea. I have never seen an Undersea membrane system in the flesh but if its the short black tower on the left. I would kick off looking at the old Wilkerson M30-06 range of metal body filters.

If its the long silver thing on the right again kick off trying matching up with one of the industrial Permea membrane filters.

Second thoughts you won't get a replacement filter for the silver thing as its a complete assembly
anyway but it looks like a Prism membrane named after Peter Readey's Incredible Steam Machine (possibly) LOL

Another path is down the industrial nitrogen tyre membrane range known as the Air Products PA Prism range of tyre gas membranes and your Undersea folk have just hooked it up back to front to make an elevated air/argon concentration.

To be honest that things in the photo is probably dead by now, they have a short life and need spotless oil less air to drive them. The slightest particulate and the membrane is screwed.
These types of products are only for the untrained scuba folk a bit like the china made 2 stage $500 junk compressors. Don't waste to much money finding out it only makes 25-28%
Others who sell these thing may disagree. Iain

I got a used membrane, trying to put it together and replace all the filters. Anybody got a clue about replacement filter on Undersea Breathing system membrane? I cant find a number anywhere on filter are any literature about membrane on the internet. Its got a green R on the bottom of the bolt. I cant match housing are filter. Any helps appreciated. thanks
Christopher McKenzie

Check with these guys, if there is anyone that can help you, it is them:

Back
Top Bottom