Understanding GUE diving method

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Amobius,

Much has been said in response to your original question some has been fairly close to the mark some not so close. I will attempt in shed some light.

GUE employs a minimalist mindset. Take what you need and nothing more. In this case we have reasoned that the extra wing offers more risk in the number of failure points introduced than benifit from the unlikely possibility of a BCD failure.

I frequently get asked questions such as yours and the above response tends to leave them puzzeled until I explain the rest of the equation. The dive industry today provides the diver with a very equipment excentric view of diving. That is that there is an equiment solution for every eventuality but quite honestly they are for the most part the subsititution of equipment for skill.

In our philosphy the system that you use when you enter the water is the sum tolal of your education, exprerience and equipment. If you get in the water with the correct education, the appropriate experience for the dive that you are conducting and the right equipment then you will in all likelyhood be able to deal effectively with any problems that you may encounter.

In the case of a lost badder a good horizontal trim postition and correct weighting will aid you in dealing with the situation. This requires skill and experience. And where do get this from? By training of course. And through training we build confident, competent divers.

So as you can see this is far more than an equipment issue. Never subsittue equiment for skill.

Safe dives,

Dan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom