undersuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When using a thick neoprene dry suit, I'm wearing this with a thin fleece on top and the DUI 400gr thinsulate socks.
I just ordered a new suit (Trilam) from DC and ordered the TPS Stretch thinsulate extreme that I'll be wearing with the same MEC jump suit underneath with the 400gr socks.

I started with the fleece and poly thing but kept getting cold too soon. I broke down and got an Extreme plus from Weasle Wear. I'm very happy with it. Last dive was 44min in 36f water. Toasty suit!

Jet

There are lots of good choices so long as you stay dry. The problem comes if you have any kind of suit leak with all but thinsulate. Yes, it's bulky. However, if you ever get a suit leak, it will retain beneficial thermal properties better than anything else out there.

I have switched to 200 gram thinsulate for most of my diving (here in South Florida--coldest water in the low 60's). I bake like crazy out in the sun before entering the water in the Summer. Once I am in, I never get overheated.

If I were to get a bad leak when having to do a long deco, I would be thankful. Plan for things, and you won't get caught. :wink:

I use the bare CT100 PolarWear.
With my XCD2 Tech Dry (2mm crushed neoprene) I'm good in zero degree water (32 degrees for you americans) for over an hour. :fire:

Back
Top Bottom