Underwater Camera Set Recommendations - RAW Possibilities?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Okay... so I found this insane deal (I THINK It was a pricing mistake - but the items shipped so fingers crossed). I got the Canon G7 + Fantasea Housing for it for $799. I think that's a steal!!! The Canon G7 alone is $699 - so I can prob get great pictures above water as well (If I don't want to use my dSLR). The G7 is one step about the G16 or so they say - I think the AF is a little slower though - it does have a bigger sensor. Can shoot in both raw + jpeg. Fingers crossed I hope it can take movies + pictures at the same time - dunno just jumped on the deal. I think it's a good starting point anyhow

I'll probably get a fisheye lens and a Sea Y03 Strobe - think they both retail for about $300. Don't mind purchasing those used - but can't find them used (on ebay at least).

Next post - will probably start a new thread since it's different - ideal settings for beginners - ex: white balance etc etc... we'll see

@JackConnick Thanks for the great link!

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom