Underwater fishing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can see it.... let out about 100 feet of line and start swimming at trolling speed!!Casting would be tough, but jigging on a vertical wall, that could be fun, in a weird, we don't tell anybody about this kind of way.

"Man I am using the wrong bait, was on a first dive with Richard a diver of 17 years, watched as he hand fed a 4 pound LMBass."

Who needs to cast whne you can just swim over and drop the lure and swim back...

I have found most fish just think me as another UGLY fish

About 6 years ago i was diving in a lake in NH.
I found a fishing rod in about 45 feet of water.
When I started reeling it in I felt some tugging?
There was a 1to 2lb bass on the hook :)
I unhooked him and let him free (kept the rod and reel :)
He had earned his freedom hehe
Rick L

I took my son and his friend diving at Higgins lake. At the lake there is a platform underwater where about 1000 bass hang out. While we were diving I found a short line (12inches)with a rubber jig on the end of it. I jigged this in front of the fish and they would have 10 or twenty get really close and stare at it.
One big bass bit it.............I felt pretty bad because it went through his lip, it took me awhile to hold him so I could get the hook out and let him go.
That's my story.

P.S. I love walleye and perch! They are good to eat. But that is another story.

Caymaniac:eek:ut:

Hey Caymaniac!

Methinks perch are very tasty, but bony. Reminds me of a girl I knew one time.

As for the bass...I think I'd have given in to temptation. And why stop at just one when there's thousands there? Come to think of it, that's the very philosophy that got me into trouble with that bony girl.

:D

i dunno i found diving is more efficient searching out locations to fish rather then fishing while diving. last year i went to a lake and the bass came up to me by the dozens .. and i thought ."this is too easy" they were looking to bite my fingers... so i went up to the shore. got a trusty of stick, and barrowed some line and hook along with a worm, went down in 5-8 feet of water and waited... only took seconds and a big ol bass came and snatched my line... problem with 3D fishing is to set the hook you jerk back like normal.. thy the fish may swim that way too... swimming right by your head..was fun, dont think its something ill be sporting..worse thing about that big ol bass when i got em outta the water id say he shrunk to about 12 inches or so... 25% magnification.. i think so... any bigger fish would have pulled me around the lake

...but I don't think I'd target Largemouth. Like I said, I only target species that I like to eat.

Big Striped Bass on the other hand...

There's a lake nearby that has a warm-water outflow from a powerplant. In the winter, the big stripers (20-40 pounders!)supposedly school up and hang out near the outflow.

I wonder how easy it would be with a Striper compared to a Largemouth.

And something tells me that a 40lb striper could probably pull me around a little bit! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom