Underwater Macro Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why not 1/125 shutter speed? It would allow for slow motion without being blurred? Should still have plentiful of light with your set up?

I was was under the impression, it would be blurred if done like that. Always been happy with the 1/60th as it is double my frame rate. Perhaps something to experiment with. However, I would think slow motion would be more applicable with wide angle..

Dustin

As long as they are multiple of the frame rate of the final production it doesn't matter. There is no 1/120 so you go 1/125. Slow motion is useful for macro as shooting at double frame rate you can halve the speed and extract say two seconds out of a bumpy section and make it 4. For wide I never use slow motion as it makes the clip look weird

As long as they are multiple of the frame rate of the final production it doesn't matter. There is no 1/120 so you go 1/125. Slow motion is useful for macro as shooting at double frame rate you can halve the speed and extract say two seconds out of a bumpy section and make it 4. For wide I never use slow motion as it makes the clip look weird

Thanks for the info. I will have to give that a whirl next time and test it out...
Dustin

Hi Dustin! You have awesome videos. May I ask if you are using any filters for your videos? Thanks!

Richard,

Sorry I just saw your reply. glad you like them. I don't use filters with my videos. I have tried them, but I find on a dslr, that I don't like the look and they are limiting in their use. I do manual White balance on all of my wide angle shots. Macro I just do auto wb.

Dustin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom