Underwater throw away

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gr8fulr2

Reaction score
Since I have put quite a bit of money into my gear lately, I was wondering what you would recommend for a disposable camera at Cozumel?

Disposables will cost you more in the long run compared to an inexpensive 35mm. Also they typically are quite limited on their max depth. I just bought my first underwater camera for <$50 (Link below - rated to 125 ft). I took it out on a couple of recent dives. The pics I took look pretty good considering how murky the water was.

In Coz you might be able to take a picture of something further than 8 feet away without it disappearing into the murk. I'll be using it off VA Beach until my trip to the Keys next month. Then I might actually get some color! :bounce:

Suprema Super Sport

Kodak has a disposable 27 exp. good to -50'. I've had them as deep as -75' with no trouble. I saw packages of 2 at target for $16 or $17 dollars yesterday, otherwise they're usually around $9 each.

There's one I found that goes to 95' and can be opened and re-used but it's not guarunteed after the first use. It took OK pictures. Major thing, you have to remember to rewind the film all the way before opening it. I know that it sounds stupid but I haven't manual rewind on a camera in so long that, well I lost a few shots....
Check out www.scuba.com 's camera section. Some really cheap ones.

gr8fulr2:
Since I have put quite a bit of money into my gear lately, I was wondering what you would recommend for a disposable camera at Cozumel?

These are some pictures I took with a Kodak disposable. I'm not sure what the depth rating was but I doubt it was more than 30'

http://www.scubaboard.com/showpost.php?p=691649&postcount=3

gr8fulr2:

Another thing to think about is buying a copy of another diver's photos. I am sure there will be divers with cameras on your trip and/or the dive centre or dive guide might have a compilation for sale. This does a few things: 1) gets you great photos without the hassle; 2) lets you concentrate on having a good dive instead of getting frustrated with a disposable camera that will not give you great results; 3) eliminates that let-down feeling when you see the results from your disposable camera & 4) supports a little cottage industry :) - and trust me, people with cameras LOVE to share their images with others and if they can sell a cd - whooooeeeee! :wink:

There's also #5 - you might get images of stuff that you didn't get to see or only saw for a second or two...think of it as extra dives!

You could also probably rent a digital system there? Dunno, haven't been yet. But that would be better than anything you will get with the disposables.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom