Underwater Tripod Ultralight system for Panasonic LX7 with parts list

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Mike

Leaving to North Sulawesi on Thursday a few impression after stressing this set up on land
  • It is quite hard to get really close to an object on the bottom,
  • I believe the tilt with 3 5"arms is insufficient
  • the port ends up around 10-12 cm from the object due to the legs this works ok with the LX7 lens up to 70mm equivalent zoom
  • If you want more magnification you need a diopter, the tripod seems to work well with a +6 such as Inon UCL165 or Dyron +7 or similar power
  • It is near to impossible to use a +10 diopter unless you leave the side legs retracted, when you do the tilt is not enough unless you use an 8" or longer on the back
  • You can use the longer arm segment on the back for lens holding or as short monopod

All in all looks good however I prefer a longer back leg to make sure it can point down wards on the bottom, the stock lens will not give you real macro but some decent close ups

I will let you know how I get on, what I like is that I can take the set up with me on all dives or at least so I hope

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom