Underwater Walkman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Okay, so not perfectly quiet. But, it beats having a cell phone ringing on your desk while you are on a conference call on your other phone with your coworkers babbling behind you and your boss yelling across the room and someone else talking on their phone while discussing that pressing problem with a coworker.....

Yech.

Diving is quiet. Nothing but the soothing sound of bubbles rumbling past my head, that sweet hiss of air whistling through my regulator...close my eyes, spin a somersault over the edge of a cliff and drop over into the abyss, not bothering to fill up my drysuit or bc until I start coming close to the bottom.

Diving is solitude, even with somone right next to you. You can't talk to them, they can't say a word to you. Silent appreciation of the beauty of the underwater world. True friends don't need words to communicate. Amazement at how lucky you are to swim with a school of fish as they hunt for food, watch a sea turtle swim over your head, or live for a half hour under the ice.

Anyway....not sure what just happened there in this post...but yeah. I think diving is quiet compared to the rest of the world :wink:

Yep...

And some people waste perfectly good 'gear money' on white noise generators and stuff to help them relax.

Hehe.

If they only knew...

Back
Top Bottom