Unleashing my inner mermaid

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome. I need to modify my will to get my ashes committed into reef construction.

I'm curious as to how you chose the organization for the deposition of your daughter's ashes.

My condolences on the loss of your daughter. Due to her death you have discovered a whole new world and I hope it brings you much joy as it has me.

Welcome to ScubaBoard and congratulations on getting certified Keri.
Loved the picture in your post.

Wow. My first time signing in to Scuba Board in two years, and this is the first thread I pick.

This is a beautiful burial. I don't want to be cremated when I die (reasons not relevant here), but I have informed my family, and stated in my will, that I wish to be buried at sea. I hope they still do whole-body at-sea burials when that time comes.

@Keri Cuppage I am also a survivor of a child lost to drugs. Every death and response to death is unique, and I applaud what you've done. I chose to have a coral planted in my Son's honor in Key Largo through Coral Restoration. The hole in my heart is still there, but nothing quiets my soul like being underwater. At least, no one can see me cry down there. Thanks for sharing your loss and your heart with us. You've found the best club of divers in the whole world right here. Wherever you want to travel, we'll have someone living there who can answer your questions and may even dive with you. More dives are planned right here than anywhere else in the world. Have fun, dive safe, never forget your Princess.

I think there are no words for the parents who lost a child. I hope that scuba will be good for you to find the peace of mind, and to remember your daughter. Welcome to Scubaboard

howdy and welcome from southeast florida.....sincere condolence for your loss......i have dove Neptune memorial reef a few times and you couldn't have pick a better site....thanks for sharing your story and your photo.

Keri,
Welcome to ScubaBoard. I am so sorry for your loss. It looks like you have found a wonderful way to honour your daughter's memory.

Different people get into scuba for different reasons but yours is the most touching story I have ever come across. Please accept my deepest condolences and welcome to the diving world. I hope that in this online community you will find some great friends and dive buddies.

Seep swimming … we are with you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom