Unsolicited diving stories

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think most people only know about scuba diving from the news reports of accidents and Discovery Channel's Shark Week. Don't let it bug you. Remember, everyone posting here has survived multiple dives with very few injuries and only moderate brain damage.
:blinking:

I recall a story where a guy was accosted by a "too chatty" fellow skiier on a long ski-lift ride.

In a break in the action the chatty guy says "So, do you ski often?"

A: "Haven't for a while," came the sullen response. "...I just got out of the hospital."

Q: "Wow, and here you are back on the slopes! How long were you in the hospital?"

A: "10 years, actually. I pushed a complete stranger off a ski lift, but they say I'm probably OK now."

Pretty quiet ride the rest of the way up to the top.

Welcome to my world. I ride motorcycles, which my ex-police officer friend calls "Murder-cycles". I used to white water Kayak, I flew small planes, and I currently cave dive and wreck dive.

Actually, the only serious sports injuries I ever got were playing tennis and bicycling.

Enjoy.

db

I ride motorcycles, which my ex-police officer friend calls "Murder-cycles".
That's just not fair. Mom's a nurse, and she says one of the docs calls them "donorcycles". :D

I would ask her to stop---tell her you're tired of hearing an (dumb, stupid &) ignorant person talk......:)

Thanks for all the responses. :)

I usually try to avoid talking to her about anything and I agree with the poster who said "bride at every wedding..etc. That's exactly what she is except all negative and a know it all. Very hard to take. So when she's not talking to me it is a nice respite. haha

I know we all know people like this and I just wanted to vent a little. I think I did say "I don't really need to hear anymore stories like this" and I think the look of incredulation on my face when she answered my question "did she die from scuba diving?" and she said "well, no, they think her husband did it". HUH!!!!???? What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

I could say "did you see that dateline story of the woman that died in your model car?" and then when she asks if it was because of the car I would say "Well, no, they think her husband shot her in the car". Same thing!

Thanks for listening!!

I am in agreement, have her watch faces of death with you . . . that should shut her up . . .

Just had to say that chairlift story had me laughing out loud. Thanks for that. You know how some things strike you as funny - I have tears rolling down my face.

i guess its like mums telling horror stories to pregnant women - i dont know why they do it but its bloody annoying

sounds like she is a negative person and it wouldnt matter if it was scuba or scrapbooking, she will still be full of it

tell her you decided to take up solo diving with a home made rebreather unit :D

Back
Top Bottom