URGENT!!! Need tips for Chenjai & Pusan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

traveldiver

Reaction score
I have a couple of clients headed to Seoul on 10/15/03 and wanted some input on some diving sites/operators for two areas I hope I'm spelling correctly PUSAN and CHENJAI???

I am a travel agent out in Southern California, USA and have only been on dives out here in the Pacific, Mexico, Hawaii & Caribbean.

Please help with any suggestions, experiences, pictures, etc. at your earliest convenience. If I can help anyone in regards to this area. Please let me know. Thank you.:confused:

The diving in Busan is not good. Have not gone but have visited all of the dive shops in the city and they've all said to arrange a day trip up the coast to Pohang. Check out the net on what you can find. I know a couple of the hotels there run dives. All the best

I wouldn't say not good but it's certainly not a tropical paradise. It's cold water diving. At least 5mm suits at the warmest but I like it quite a bit actually.

Busan is only a few minutes flight away from Jeju Island and they have very decent diving there. Check out www.bigblue33.co.kr for an english speaking shop.

Also, just a little east of Busan is Kojae island and Nam Hae. I prefer Nam Hae which has very good macro diving. There are some nice offshore sites here as well.

Just to the north east of Busan is Ulchin which is the center for diving on the south east coast. There are lots of dive sites here as well or if they want to go north to Kangwando they can find a bunch more. Some ok info can be found at www.scubainkorea.com

I've never heard of chenjai so I don't know what that is. If you need more info on operators and stuff pm me.

Back
Top Bottom