Wetsuit Thickness for New England

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Where have you seen “mixed” reviews?
I was just browsing through Reddit and the internet. With that being said, most of them are positive, and I understand you can't make every customer happy. I went through the customization process just to get a ballpark idea of pricing. For me, I just want a simple, basic suit. The price was super reasonable! I am heavily considering it at this point.

I was just browsing through Reddit and the internet. With that being said, most of them are positive, and I understand you can't make every customer happy. I went through the customization process just to get a ballpark idea of pricing. For me, I just want a simple, basic suit. The price was super reasonable! I am heavily considering it at this point.
For basic the price listed without add on is for a totally functional ready to dive suit, it’s easy to add a few things at the prices they offer because the cost of add ons is so low, I don’t add much to mine and last summer the exchange rate was really good, I got my newest one in my hands for about $950.

7mm for late spring to early fall, drysuit beyond that.

A lot up here are hanging up wetsuits now and either dry or waiting till spring.

Besides in-water comfort, also consider when you get out of water, because changing in the parking lot on a cold windy day is not nearly as awful in a drysuit and cozy fleece undergarment.

Add in a heated tent and your just spoiled.

For basic the price listed without add on is for a totally functional ready to dive suit, it’s easy to add a few things at the prices they offer because the cost of add ons is so low, I don’t add much to mine and last summer the exchange rate was really good, I got my newest one in my hands for about $950.
What do you think about the two types of suits? The Ultra and the Nova Which one would you recommend for a first suit?

What do you think about the two types of suits? The Ultra and the Nova Which one would you recommend for a first suit?
That's a loaded question with many different variables to get you a "correct" answer... the cost difference is negligible imo and I'd go with the Nova again.

The Nova is a fantastic trilam suit and offers you the ability to adjust your insulation for the conditions you're diving. It does faster than the Nova and weighs less (travel). They are most customizable(colors) and wear nicely. Finding and repairing leaks can be a bit more of a hassle.

The neo suit has natural buoyancy and insulating characteristics so you can factor that into your dive plan. If you flood your suit the neo will help a little bit in staying warm until you can make it back up top. They take a good bit longer to dry. Leaks can be repaired with a bit of aquaseal and you're back in the water pretty quick.

I have and use both but if I were to have only one it would be the Nova because it’s front zip, if they were to offer a front zip ultra I would go that way.

I would get a drysuit so you can dive all seasons and just switch out the undergarmets depending on the temperatur.

Back
Top Bottom