Used Coltri MCH6 or new Bauer PE100

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zider,
Thank you for your advice on the Coltri.
I bought the used Coltri instead of the new Bauer. I got it checked out and serviced by the LDS (4 hours away) and all is good…. well was good.
I put about 3 hours on it since the purchased and in the last 2 or 3 fills I hear an intermittent “prrr” or ticking vs a constant compressor noise. Could that be one of the stage, valve sticking, or maybe the belt. I looked at the belt, there’s a bit of play but not bad. I recorded 2 video of the noise but I can’t seem to upload them for you to hear.
I don’t think this compressor has had the valves changed at the 100 hour recommendation.
I have the log book and not mention of valve changes. Should I do it? It has 114 hours.
Thanks

The belt should only depress about 1cm. If it’s more then it could be loose. Belts should be changed every year so it probably needs done anyway. It’s a cheap maintenance item and would rule out a variable. The clicking could be a valve but I’m no expert on that particular topic. You might want to post one of the videos and see if others might weigh in as well.

Zider,
Thank you for your advice on the Coltri.
I bought the used Coltri instead of the new Bauer. I got it checked out and serviced by the LDS (4 hours away) and all is good…. well was good.
I put about 3 hours on it since the purchased and in the last 2 or 3 fills I hear an intermittent “prrr” or ticking vs a constant compressor noise. Could that be one of the stage, valve sticking, or maybe the belt. I looked at the belt, there’s a bit of play but not bad. I recorded 2 video of the noise but I can’t seem to upload them for you to hear.
I don’t think this compressor has had the valves changed at the 100 hour recommendation.
I have the log book and not mention of valve changes. Should I do it? It has 114 hours.
Thanks
pops...be sure and post here what you find out about the issue...thanks.

It's been a while since my last post. I'm not sure what the noise was but a day or two after I posted, I filled my tank and the noise was gone. I used the compressor almost daily until end of October and no noise. Compressor ran fine and up to pressure every time.
2 Questions:
I'm about to run it to 4500 psi until the safety valve opens just to make sure the 4th stage doesn't get stuck. Good or bad idea?
Any of you done the valve maintenance at 100 hours, I.E., change them or wait until 500 hours?

Thank you
Pops33

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom