Used equipment - good buy or lost money?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

without knowing your budget, your aspirations, and what you intend to do with the photographs, it's hard to say...

but...

buying Used- it's an option.

Sealife 1.3mpixel used UW camera and housing - unless its free - you're paying too much.

Right now , on amazon, you can get a canon a570is and housing for less than $291 USD, free shipping. 7.1 mpixel, 4 x optical zoom, image stabilization, lots of shooting modes (Man, shutter priority, aperture priority), manual white balance. Add the CHDK hack and the value only increases. You could do a lot worse!

The quality of the camera, the lens, the options (oh, plus a fairly good video mode) are in another league as compared to sealife!

Best of luck

I would go with a 35 mm Nikonos or Sea and Sea Motormarine or the newer Reefmaster at least 3 MP the more the better. A complete kit can usually be had for less than 500...

Mike

Another option would be to check out Fantasea housings @ Fantasea Line housings, accessories and water sports cameras. They make housings for the Nikon Coolpix line of P&S. Newer ones are rated to 200' and the cameras ain't too shabby. Housing would be about $200. Cameras vary depending on model. Strobes etc can usually be moved from one system to another, so that's something that can grow with you.

There has been some discussion about it on divebuddy.com
It is said to be worth the price. A lower middle of the road compact point and shoot. Even better Intova has released some more advance higher resolution models that are still following the low cost high value pricing structure.

Do you have any photos taken with this(these) cameras you can direct me to on the internet???......

I would go with a 35 mm Nikonos or Sea and Sea Motormarine or the newer Reefmaster at least 3 MP the more the better. A complete kit can usually be had for less than 500...

Mike

I have a S&S MM II EX( with YS 50 strobe) if you need one.....Price will be a good one........

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom