Used Regulator Purchase (Help)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OwlSpec

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello, I am new to scuba diving and finishing up my Open Water certification course this weekend. I came across a seller on Facebook market with the following regulator bundle and was wondering if it was worth the purchase of $125.

My buddy told me the ScubaPro one was a MK2 but I cannot figure out what the octopus back up is. Please help me on information before making this purchase.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0219.png
    IMG_0219.png
    587.2 KB · Views: 73
Octo is US Divers, now Aqualung. Good solid second stage.

If everything looks clean. Can the seller hook up to a tank?
If it looks clean and air fiter on first stage is not green, or plugged probably good

If everything looks clean. Can the seller hook up to a tank?
If it looks clean and air fiter on first stage is not green, or plugged probably good
They stated that it was their buddies and they are just selling it for them. I have requested closer pictures of each connection and will hook it up to a tank as soon as I decide if I want it.

I say its worth the price.

However, you should also plan on the cost of servicing it which you should do no matter what before you use it. That is usually going to run you about $100 at your LDS.

Those are all good solid components. Mk2 is bulletproof and very easy to service.

If that regulator works as is, it will probably continue to do so for a while. When you test it, take a bucket, fill it with water and stick all the "ends" in the water to look for leaks. Some tiny leaks would not be a deal killer, but it might be a little price leverage. That is a good deal.

You’re going to get everything serviced anyway, so get it. The MK2 or the primary 2nd might fetch $125 all by themselves.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom