Used Regulator Purchase (Help)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The second stage looks like a unbalanced r190? If so, and the first stage is a mk2, I personally would stay away. An unbalanced first and second stage together will breathe harder as tank pressure goes down. A lot of people dive this combo so it is not critical, just not ideal. It is cheap, though.

Check the octopus carefully for hairline cracks (where the inlet fitting goes into the yellow plastic). Those regulators get brittle with age and hairline cracks are very common). If cracked, it may not be a deal breaker but the seller should probably reduce the price accordingly as you'll have to buy another octo.

Even if having to replace the one second stage the deal is pretty good on the surface. I would likely buy a balanced second stage for it (like a used g250, a HOG Classic, Deep6, etc.). A g200b (not the g200) would be a great match for it...

I like the MK2 for it's simplicity and robustness. It has been around since the early 1960's.

Great for simple recreational diving..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom