Using NEVERWET to modify gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey guys. Could not think of a good place to put this but I just bought some of this stuff and am batting around how to use it to modify my gear.

I think introducing this to the marine environment is a spectacularly bad idea and has the potential to injure or kill marine life that depend on various organs like gills getting wet.

---------- Post added November 14th, 2013 at 03:41 PM ----------

I was thinking about using NeverWet on the inside of dive computers when I change batteries. Does anyone know if this will affect the functionality? A frosted look won't matter in the back and on the battery and I plan on using gloves when applying it as the oils on human skin tend to wipe NeverWet off. I'd love to never have a computer ruined again.

It makes the water run off surfaces, it won't stop water or humidity from damaging your computer.

Our shop changes a ton of batteries on the workbench, with a clean surface, clean hands and clean new o-rings, etc. The only failures are an occasional DOA battery. The computers that come in because the battery was changed using a dime, with wet hands on the back of a boat, keeps the UPS guy pretty busy with pickups.

A better idea is to change your battery in a nice clean air-conditioned room.

flots.

Last edited:
PLEASE be carefull when using that stuff! Regard what it will do inside your lungs, if you inhale spraying mists. You can replace skin, but lungs are difficult!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom