Using Ocean Log (Electronic Dive Log) with Oceanic Veo 1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tittygrouper

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I recently purchased the Oceanic Veo 1 Dive Computer. It's a reasonable computer (which I wear wrist mounted), easy to read, good display and very entry level pricing. I also bought the PC interface (USB) cable. I am running OceanLog from Oceanic. On my PC I am using Windows 7. Have also tried the Windows 2000, ME & 98SE operating environments but I still cannot get my dive computer to sync correctly with the oceanlog software, has anyone else had these problems??

You may want to try and read the manual or call oceanic support because you have a big problem.

Thanks. I've read the manual but have not contacted Oceanic. I'd be interested to know why/how it's a big problem? It's a basic dive computer, have an oceanic veo 2 also as backup. I fond they are both a little battery hungry. The veo 2 does sync and interface.

I don't actually know, but perhaps the two dive computers require different drivers for your windows 7 to recognize them as being there. Try going to the oceanic website and redownloading and installing the driver for the veo 1.

I was just looking at the 1 and the 2... The 1.0 does not support downloading. oceanic web site: Personal Dive Computers - Oceanic Veo 1.0 with Dual Algorithm
"...At this price point, you are giving up bells and whistles--most notably audible alarms, a backlight and the ability to download dive profiles--but these are excellent choices if you want a simple, low-cost computer." Sorry bout that. Can you tell me what you mean by them being a little battery hungry?

MBS you are right on target, what page in the manual do you see we the computer is downloadable and their is no choice in the software for the veo 1. Since you have a veo 2 the cable is not a waste.

Can you tell me what you mean by them being a little battery hungry?

I am not sure if others would call it "battery hungry" but I have found that I have had to replace the battery in both computers around the 1-2 year mark. I guess its just that previous computers I have owned I have found the battery to last quite some time (sometimes never having to replace the battery).

Thanks all for the help!

Make sure you have the right type battery and buy it from Wally World or some other big outfit where the batteries get turned over. Also check that the backlight turns off and the computer goes to sleep when it is supposed to. That being said, I now switch out the battery every year before my birthday dives which is cheap insurance for flawless operation.

Bob
--------------------------------------
Happy Veo 200 owner.

I may be old, but I’m not dead yet.

Any ideas on how to get info out of a Veo 1.0? I also recently purchased one, after finishing a class. The instructor informed me that the only way to get data out was to purchase a proprietary cable, which I counted as the cost of doing business for the discounted price. after 10 or so Dives decided to get the cable after saving my pennies, and now I find that the Veo 1.0 doesn't support that. It was a reputable dive shop but the 30days has past. I don't believe the instructor was malicious, just ignorant, and unfortunaltely I didn't do a more thorough research other than to specifically ask them how to get the data out, and go with their word...
any help would be appreciated (if any can be had)
Bayly

Last edited:
Any ideas on how to get info out of a Veo 1.0?.....
Not possible. The Veo 1.0 does not support log download. Its dataport is for manufacturing calibration only.

..... The instructor informed me that the only way to get data out was to purchase a proprietary cable, .....
Instructor should know better ...

Alberto (aka eDiver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom