using the AF illuminator C-5060W

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JDVink

Reaction score
Hello,

When i use my C-5060W inside the PT-020, the AF illuminator is on. Is this a wise thing to do? I suppose the PT-020 casing can have an effect on the red light.

Does anyone has advice on this issue?

By the way: My C-5060 has some problems with the lens drive, so it's back to Olympus, BUMMER! :crying:

I curious what kind of problems you had with the lens drive?

I've read about people getting a "zoom error" displayed. I wonder if this is a weakness in the design.

You have to select the "UW" mode in the accessories menu. The symbol for this is a fish in front of the camera. When you shoot in this mode the AF lamp is OFF.

ArizSig:
I curious what kind of problems you had with the lens drive?

I've read about people getting a "zoom error" displayed. I wonder if this is a weakness in the design.

When I turn the camera off, the lens fails to fully retract, then the green light flashes and I hear some beeps. When I turn on the camera again the lens moves a few times and then again the green light flashes and the beeps again. When I turn the camera on and off a few times, the camera finaly shuts down normally. Olympus thinks it's a power problem. If that is the case it is not due to a low battery level because I tried serveral fully charged battery's. In my opinion the problem got more worse by time.

Guru:
You have to select the "UW" mode in the accessories menu. The symbol for this is a fish in front of the camera. When you shoot in this mode the AF lamp is OFF.

Hi,

I had the camera on UW mode (yes, I am sure) but the AF lamp still works in my case. Do you think it is not supposed to work?

Hi

The "Accessory Mode" is a mystery , something like Stonehenge - everyone thinks that they know why it is there , but nobody is quite sure . :D What it doesn't do is turn off the AF illuminator .

Jokes aside , I prefer to use an add on focus light to get focus .

Safe Diving

Andrew

I had the AF light on recently and the only side effect it seemed to have was to scare the hell out of a pair of mating mandarin fish so I never got the shot

AndyT:
Here is my setup - I also bought it there .

http://www.uwdigitalcamera.com/English/euwdigitalindex.htm

Safe Diving

Andrew

In many digital camera sites and forums people are complaining that their 5060 broke down and Olympus provides very lousy customer service. I had been considering buying this camera but all these problems have discouraged me.

How much did shipping from the above site cost? Are they prompt and have good customer service? I wonder if one would have to pay tax for items shipped from Japan to the United States? They do state the warranties are only good in Japan so if the case malfunctions, then you are out of luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom