Utila Aggressor January 16-23, 2010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

coombsm

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello

I am planning my first diving trip to Utila in January 2010. I only have about 25 dives and my AOW certificate.

I am wondering if anyone has done this trip on the aggressor fleet and can give any feedback about the trip, advice?

Also if i have a day or two spear what is good to see around San Pedro?

Thanks in advance..

I've done this trip twice and the old Bay Islands Aggressor once. The diving is extremely easy and I highly recommend this trip for anyone of any skill. The boat is getting a little tired but still okay. The food was very good. The diving is outstanding - much more varied than land based diving on Roatan or Utila. I'll try and post some pictures later.
No experience with mainland but I'd skip this part of the trip under the current circumstances and spend a day or two on Utila or Roatan instead.

This is the link to a few pictures from a 2006 trip on the Utila Aggressor.
Picasa Web Albums - Chuck - Utila Aggressor

Here is a sample:
P9173207.JPG

P9203539.JPG

P9213711.JPG

Utila01Boat.jpg

As I recall Aggressor is rolling out a new boat in Utila soon. Might already be there. I have booked trips on the Belize and Cayman Aggressors and they are great boats and we had great time. IMO good bang for the buck. You are making a good choice. The only reason I haven't done this trip is that I worry about the weight restrictions on the small plane flight over to Utila.

We just found out that the new boat won't be ready for our trip in Feb. Very dissapointed. Also there is a shortage of space for our group on the new boat. Does anyone have any experience with the quad cabin? How "cozy" is it. As it is two couples will have to share it.

coombsm... we have not done the Aggressor yet, but if you are considering land base options still we loved Utopia Dive Village. The on site Dive OP was great, and the rooms and food are top notch. Yes there are little beasties that bite in the evening, but just remember your deet and you'll be fine.

I've been on the liveaboards in the Bay Islands 3 times, I lived on Utila for 4 months and I lived on Roatan for 4 months. My last trip on the Utila Aggressor was immediately upon leaving Utila. There is no comparison. The variety of diving you get to do on this liveaboard is vastly superior to any land based operation.
Yes there are terrific resorts and dive operations on Utila and Roatan but I'd choose the liveaboard every time if I could afford it.
I've been on one liveaboard (Cayman) where we shared a bath with someone and while not ideal, it wasn't that bad. We did not know the other party but quickly became friends. I'm not sure however I'd share and actual quad with people I didn't know.

Last edited:
Have done quite a few liveaboards including Roatan back in the day but never the Utila itinerary however i believe the utila boat is the old Turks Caicos that we have done. Either way, whenever there was a quad it was usually for the yougsters if on the boat or often, being from jacksonville Fl we often had a fair share of navy that would be more than happy with it at a well DISCOUNTED price. For most couples it is far from ideal. I agree mostly with ncchuck but will take it a bit further and say at this time in my life i don't think I would even want to share the quad with people I do know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom