Utila charter flight rates?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sounds like you are trying for the most complex route. My first question would be, where are you staying? If you are staying at Laguna Beach Resort, they have their own plane and also book with Angelo for $200 per person R/T RTB-Utila-RTB. Utopia Village arranges flights as part of they packages from RTB or SPS. These are typically Saturday to Saturday trips. I believe Deep Blue also arranges flights. The resorts may tack on a couple of bucks for booking the flights but it is well worth it having one less thing to worry about. If you are staying at some other hotel in town, they too can probably arrange flights. Although the ferry service works, I can honestly say that in more than 15 trips I have never met a traveller on Utila who took the ferry. The last thing I want to do is lug a bag full of dive gear and another bag with camera gear and another bag with computer gear all over trying to make a ferry. Keep it easy, keep it simple… land at RTB, have a cold Salva Vida and catch a flight with Angelo.

Although the ferry service works, I can honestly say that in more than 15 trips I have never met a traveller on Utila who took the ferry. The last thing I want to do is lug a bag full of dive gear and another bag with camera gear and another bag with computer gear all over trying to make a ferry. Keep it easy, keep it simple… land at RTB, have a cold Salva Vida and catch a flight with Angelo.
You've obviously never done it. Because you're completely clueless about how easy it is and the distances you have to lug your bags. BTW, there's porters at the Galaxy terminal and the Princess docks 250' away from the the Galaxy terminal in La Ceiba. But you're right - I did have to haul my bags almost 400' total if you include the distance from Roatan customs to the taxi stand. About 1/10th as far as we did in Houston.

What a hassle...:shakehead:

Sounds like you are trying for the most complex route. These are typically Saturday to Saturday trips. I believe Deep Blue also arranges flights.
I already mentioned that I cannot take the Saturday flights into Roatan (and so no flight to Utila). The earliest that I can arrive in Roatan is on the United flight from Houston on the Sunday, and this lands at 12:15 hours. If the flight is on time and I manage to clear Honduran entry formalities reasonably quickly, I might just make it to the Galaxy ferry terminal by taxi but IMO it would be still cutting it tight. Therefore, the only safe option would be to take a flight from Utila to Roatan but usually there are none scheduled on Sundays.

But as others have said, I'll wait and see till next year. April being the peak Whale Shark season, there may be additional flights into Utila, including on that Sunday.

BTW, I have a confirmed reservation with Deep Blue. I have booked the week's package but have let Steve Fox know that I will be arriving a day late.

steve or his mum will help you with transport, i see her out at the airport all the time

Back
Top Bottom