Utila whale sharks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hope they stay.....Headed there in 3 days, will be there during the full moon. But won't be disappointed if we do not see them, we were lucky enough to see them on a dive trip to Roatan a few years ago as a total surprise.

different people will tell you different things but my experience on utila has been that whaleshark sightings are most common in the 10 days leading up to the full moon and then start up again a couple of days after the full moon.

different people will tell you different things but my experience on utila has been that whaleshark sightings are most common in the 10 days leading up to the full moon and then start up again a couple of days after the full moon.

Thanks for the info, if we see them it will be great for our group (17 divers), if not I have no doubt we will plenty to keep us happy and hopefully supply some lionfish for meals for us and locals.

better shoot a lot of lionfish, the fillets are small (freshwater percy size).

Gah, Hintermann, I still get horrified chills every time you talk about hanging up your fins for good. You've explained already, thanks for that . . .it just makes me sad.
Well, I don't like doing it but after considering all the pros and cons have decided that I have to. I made a promise to my wife in 2006 and intend to keep it even if she asks me not to.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom