UW narcosis monitoring...do you use it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seadeuce:
Yes, that question was for you. Glad others have taken it up.
A comment on your nausea - if one is feeling nauseated on a boat, they usually get into the water for symptoms to disappear.
Choppy seas, IMO, would only affect you out of the water, not in it. At least, I have never come across a diver nauseated near the surface in choppy conditions.
In a heavy swell, near kelp, now that's another story.
Usually the brain needs a "reference point" to begin confusing it with motion sickness.

I still reckon you could have been the victim of a bad fill, do you remember any bad taste in your mouth afterwards?

Just my .02c

Seadeuce

No, no bad smell or taste, during or afterward at all. The tank seemed normal, at least that's what I remember. I did feel better once I got into the water for the second dive, so I attribute the nausea to the very chopy seas.

BTW, I did not feel nauseous in the water during the dive that I blanked out, or the second one. I think it was jus a fluke.

Wow, this is an old thread. A year after starting it, I don't think I have much to add - except up here in the chilly NE I still think there are lots of people naced at 80'.

Right now I only dive EANx32 - but sooner or later (after some more training) I'd like to get my own fill station so that I could afford to add some HE for dives in the 80-100 range, maybe a little 30/60 :) since the trend these days seems to be the more HE the better

Interesting thread. Thanks for the resurrection.

I've never used the "tests" mentioned at the beginning of the thread, but it's an interesting idea. Only major problem I see is who's to say that the "tester" isn't narc'd? Who's going to interpret the results accurately if both divers at depth are narc'd? Oh well, guess it couldn't hurt....

Jim

Back
Top Bottom