UW Photoshop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hmmm... I'm going to have to look into this for the stills I extract from my UW video. I love Photoshop, but only have versions 3.0 thru 6.0.

I just received UW photoshop DVD and it is INCREDIBLE! I've only just begun the basics watching/listening to how to use the bridge and organise. I feel like I am in a classroom. It only took 2 days to get the DVD in the mail. I can't put it down. I just waiting for my next dive trip to have some fresh images to play with. (BTW that is in Nov w/Stuart Cove - Just love them)

av8er23, yes I have that book, and it is nice; however, I'm an idiot :dork2:and need my hand held and a visual. I don't do well following the book, I do use it as a reference though.

I can't say enough. Well, back to playin!!
Thanks for all your input and coaxing to purchase!
Jill

So is Photoshop Elements 6 o.k. for the money? I haven't done much with photoshop in YEARS and thought it would be o.k just to adjust my photos some. If not, I need to cancel the order and regroup.

I use PE 4 for all my photos. I am not using actions or curves. When importing raw images with Bridge, I make changes to temp, tint, shadows, brightness and sharpness. On shallow and many strobe images the auto functions are close enough for hasty processing, but usually the brights get a little blown out. If auto does not work I try the levels eyedroppers on white or black parts; haven't used grey on tanks but have been meaning to try. If I can't make the right progress that way I use the black, grey and sometimes the white sliders and then move to color variations; on a rare occasion hue/saturation. Then shadows/highlights, resize, sharpen and save. If you are going to crop, it is best to do that right after raw conversion (import); some of the various changes are affected by what it's working with.

This takes some time, but I find that each image is different, so using the same adjustments (action) on all does not float my boat. I hope to eventually have ~9 actions that will cover things in general, but I am somewhat of a procrastinator; said that 3 years ago.

Nearly all my gallery images were processed that way. I sold many prints processed similarly with Elements 2. I have PS 7 and CS 2 on older/slower computers, but full PS is cumbersome IMHO. Most underwater photographers are wasting money by buying full PS(CS), again IMHO.

I have PS-7 and have been searching for a raw plug-in for it. I use picasa2 now, but would like to go back to PS-7. Any ideas? or is upgrading PS the only way?

I have PS-7 and have been searching for a raw plug-in for it. I use picasa2 now, but would like to go back to PS-7. Any ideas? or is upgrading PS the only way?

I downloaded a plug-in that allowed me to open raw files in PS7 (I think I got it from the olympus website). However, I don't use it. For me the problem is that I lose the layers that you get with tiff files. The result is that I have trouble using my favorite action that auto adjusts for underwater photos and I can not create layers. So I am really limited in what I can do. Instead, I open the files in Camedia and convert them to a tiff format. Then I open them in PS.

If anyone has a better way (as this one is very tedious), I would love to know...

Damsel Doc

Back
Top Bottom