Uwatec owners beware!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here's an update on the Aladin. Supposedly it was returned to the regional distributer in Guam on Apr.7th with the promise that it would then be shipped here to Saipan Apr.8th, but get this..... they back ordered the transmitter that it was sent in for!!.

It is now April 19th and no computer. It's 130miles and typically about 3 days between US Post offices Guam to Saipan.

Yup, frustrating as can be, I've done it twice from here and it's always been 3-4 months just for a battery.....no way will I ever own another computer without a user replaceable battery. But this situation of yours, unacceptable and bad for blood pressure!!.....someone needs a beating.....

Here's the final update on the computer saga. The computer finally showed up April 26th. 4 months after sending it in for transmitter repair. And oddly enough, it showed up one day after a mass nasty-gram to several people at ScubaPro, the regional Rep., and the Regional Distributer the computer shipped through. I challenged them to at least apologize.

The Distributor did contact me right away and apologized for the delay and poor communication. That would be a good thing if the shipping label hadn't indicated they sat on it for 2 weeks after it supposedly was went to my local dive shop. At least it was an apology. The ScubaPro Rep on the other hand might as well have sent a form letter. "We appreciate you choosing Scubapro and regret the time it took to resolve this exchange".

All in all I'd rate their service 2 on a ten scale. Buy something else.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom