UWATEC Quick Disconnect Missing O-Ring?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

iscubainmymind

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all, I bought a Uwatec Dive Computer with the ScubaPro HP Quick Disconnect.

There is a leak in the Quick Disconnect that seems to lessen when i push it toward the computer.

I looked at all the related threads on this site and one mentioned an o-ring in the part connected to the computer and that it possibly is an 003 size O-ring.

The QD repair manual does not show the connector piece that remains attached to the computer, but it appears a small o-ring could be missing be where the center "stem" inserts.

I attached a close up photo of the computer side connector for reference, it looks like it could hold an O-Ring but is missing.

If anyone knows for sure please let me know!~
Thanks!

The QD Repair Manual
IMG_2664.jpg IMG_2656.jpg

@iscubainmymind

I have been looking for those o-rings in vain. Here's what I know. There are three o-rings total (two I believe are the same), this does not include the o-ring to connect to the hose.

1.JPG

The above o-ring is also inside the "computer side" connector, the QD adapter that is attached to the computer. Look inside the small bore and you'll see one there. So one on the hose side adapter and the other on the computer side adapter. The QD service manual calls it, "internal stem o-ring (P/N 01.050.344)"

---------

2.JPG

The o-ring above keeps air from leaking when there is NO computer attached. If your QD is leaking when no computer is attached then it's either this o-ring or the hose o-ring. When I took apart my QD, this o-ring was slightly larger than the "stem o-ring". I'm not sure if that's how it's suppose to be or not. Really can't find any information on these o-rings...

Please do let me know if you get lucky and find the correct size!

Thanks,

Hi, thank you for your input.

Okay so it looks like im missing an o-ring then, i attached a photo of the inside of the computer side connector and there is no o-ring.

The divers from the thread linked below mention 003 o-rings.
How to replace oring in swivel for gauge
and this thread mentioning for HP A90 (Dura Hardness) 003 (Size)
DIY Save A Dive O Ring Kit

This chart linked below shows Scuba O-Ring Sizes and the 003 sizes is supposed to be for the QD HP Swivel

Scuba Diving O-Rings - The Scuba Doctor

BS1806-003
OD (Outer Diameter) 3/16"
ID (Inner Diameter) 1/16"
CS (Cross Section) 1/16" 0.070"
SCUBA APPLICATION SEAL (High-Pressure Hose/SPG swivel Duro: NBR 90, FPM 90)

Here is a site that sells O-Rings

AS568 O-Ring Size Chart | Standard USA O-Ring Sizes

Maybe the Scuba Pro Part number in the QD repair manual has changed from 01.050.344
This site says the Scubapro Part for a HP Hard 003 o-ring to be 01.050.108
Scuba Dive O-rings EPDM 85Sh-003-O-ring Provider for Scuba Diving

FYI, HP SPG swivel / spool o-ring is NOT what you're looking for.

HP SPG swivel / spool (pictured below) is not same as HP QD "swivel" (the entire QD assembly).

j.jpg

These seem to be correct for our needs.
However im not clear if they should be Duro 90 Hard or Duro 75 Soft
Descriptions state Duro 75 is for swivel applications and 90 for HP

3$ for 5 x o-rings
003 3/16 in High-Pressure Hose/SPG Swivel (75 Duro Hardness)

Viton O-Ring, Brown, Qty of Five

This is site has better selection
How to Buy O-Rings For Scuba

@iscubainmymind

Not sure if you read my previous post about HP spool vs. HP QD swivel. I can't say whether 003 is the correct size for HP QD swivel(stem o-ring), but 003 is correct for HP spool.

For HP spool, I would go with 90 Duro but someone else with more experience will know better.

@iscubainmymind

Not sure if you read my previous post about HP spool vs. HP QD swivel. I can't say whether 003 is the correct size for HP QD swivel(stem o-ring), but 003 is correct for HP spool.

For HP spool, I would go with 90 Duro but someone else with more experience will know better.

Hi, yes i read it thanks.
I realize the ScubaPro Uwatec HP QD is built differently.
Im going to get the Viton V90 003 (Duro 90) O rings.
Thanks for you help

Back
Top Bottom