V16

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zambezi

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi, hope someone can help.

Am I able to dive Nitrox on a V16 1st stage and metal proton reg?? If not, is there any upgrade/change possible or wwill I need another reg completely??

Mares regs can be used with nitrox up to 40% out of the box.

Some countires have different requirements that require a different statement, I am not sure what they are in South Africa but you should be familiar with the requirements in your location.

Best regards,

Phil

Thanks Phil, much appreciated. I'll contact our local rep and confirm our requirements (I wasn't aware they would differ depending on the country).

Zambezi:
Thanks Phil, much appreciated. I'll contact our local rep and confirm our requirements (I wasn't aware they would differ depending on the country).

Just to clarify: The Regs don't differ, but the statement about use is always subject to local laws and requirements.

Phil

I dive nitrox with a Mares V16/Proton Metal. I have found it to be an easy breather and bullet proof. No modifications were necessary for use with up to 40% O2.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah LittleFish, just what I needed to hear:D

Yeah, I agree the Proton is a great breather. I did a 50 metre (160 feet) dive last year in Mocambique and it breathed perfectly at depth.

I haven't tried shooting it though......................

I just recently got a V16 proton XL and even though I only have 2 dives on it so far, am very very pleased with it! Great breather indeed, despite my limited experience for comparison! I'm confident I made a good choice!

From my understanding, if ever you decide to dive more than 40% Nitrox, you will simply need to install a Nitrox kit to make it compatible!

Just my 0.02$

CODMAN:
I just recently got a V16 proton XL and even though I only have 2 dives on it so far, am very very pleased with it! Great breather indeed, despite my limited experience for comparison! I'm confident I made a good choice!

I have that reg too, and I really like it. Breathes incredibly easy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom