Vacation In San Diego

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Warlink

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi Guys.

My girlfriend and I, are going on a vacation to San Diego in November and we are looking for some recommendations for a single day dive trip.
Or if you can recommend any dive resort to have a look at, that would be great.

Some quick info about us:
I'm a padi dive master, but have only ever dived in the cold waters of Denmark.
My girlfriend has the padi open water certification, but have dived around the world (also in Denmark)

We are just looking to have a nice day, and don't have any special requests.

I hope you can help us out.

Thanks

/Cheers
Warlink.

Hi Warlink,

I dive in San Diego whenever I get the opportunity to visit. I have dived with Marisa San Diego Scuba Diving,San Diego Dive Boats,Dive Charters Home Page,San Diego California,san diego scuba diving boats,san diego boat dives,san diego scuba diving,san diego scuba diving charters,scuba diving san diego california Waterhorse San Diego SCUBA Diving, Charter Boat Dives. Dive Trips and Lois Ann http://loisann.com/ all are good operations with friendly staff. All three have limited schedules during the week with Marissa and Lois Ann Fri-Sun and Waterhorse a little more variable. You will have the choice of wrecks, kelp forest (or both) or the Coronado Islands. All have web-based reservations with a description of the planned dives. Water may even be warm for you, usually low 50s F (10-12 C)

Good diving, Craig

Coronado Islands would be a good easy introduction.

There's a sea lion rookery at Los Coronados and they always come out to play when divers arrive. Also US citizens are provided with a per-day Mexico visa - so mention that you're from Denmark when signing up so they have the appropriate paperwork waiting. This is not my video but gives you an idea of what to expect.

All things about San Diego diving can be found here - www.divebums.com. One thing not current is all the Sport Chalet's closed recently so you'll need to rent tanks/gear at one of the other shops.

San Diego's La Jolla Cove is a regionally known shore dive if that's of interest. On weekends get there early for a parking spot. IB Divers/LaJolla is the closest for rentals.

Also Lois Ann and Humboldt (Waterhose) often dive the Kelp located off Point Loma. IMO that's among the most unique dives there. There's also Kelp off LaJolla some years but ask someone who has been in it lately to show you where. With El Nina this past year the water has warmed and the Kelp hasn't been very good recently.

There are no dive resorts in San Diego. Just a lot of resorts with a few dive shops located nearby. And the dive boats in the Mission Bay harbor including the ones mentioned above.

Last edited:
Thank you all very much for your replies!
I'll look in to some of the suggestions.

/Cheers
Warlink

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom