Valve Drills in Fusion (Exhaust Valve)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the extra points, divedry.

The tech guy I'm learning from uses only his drysuit for buoyancy control and it works for him, even on dives to 300 feet with doubles and a couple of stages. While he doesn't "forbid" the use of the BCD (he is pretty agnostic and believes everyone should find what works for them), his example clearly indicates that dry-only is a strategy that works and involves the management of only one buoyancy control device.

That being said, I may well try this approach to see if it works. As I mentioned, I'm "stuck" with a Fusion that's a little big for me on the upper body, and the compression of the tech skin isn't very high around the chest and shoulders so less air in the suit may help this situation.

As for the exhaust valve, there are two components here: how easily it vents automatically (depends on how the "dial" is set) and how easily it vents manually (when you press on it). I find the former to be more difficult than on my other suit; I have trouble finding the perfect setting and more often than not have to vent manually. What TSandM describes was commonplace for me on the CF200 but I have a hard time finding that sweet spot on my Fusion. As for the latter, well, if I press on the valve just enough for the fabric underneath to move, it vents and that appears to be way too sensitive compared to other drysuits I've dived.

Phil

I'm coming into this a bit late but...

How are you positioning your arm when you manipulate your valve? Do you have your elbow sticking out to the side or infront of you? If you're sticking your arm out to the side that could be part of the problem, try doing valve drills with your elbow sticking out the front.

If you're already doing valve drills that way then I guess it has nothing to do with it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom