Vancouver Vis Condition

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vis Whytecliff, this morning 9am, 7'

It sucked, went down to 65', still sucked. tide was high which was great but the current was strong.
Not a lot of sealife at all, I saw 1 crab

Whytecliff again today 2 dives, first dive 40' in the bay, 10', second dive around 35-40, the bay, 6'.

vis was terrible, too many silt kickers

Whytecliff on sunday morning was around 40 under 70...above that it drop to 10 maybe

Damn, got there too late.
I was facing crap conditions the whole day, we arrived at 11.

I went last Friday and it was not too bad, hopefully I can go this Friday evening and it will be a bit better?

Well just got home from Whytecliff tonight and the vis was better than last week, we did the island on the left and got to play with an Octopus, kinda small one but he came right out and went for a swim, very cool.

On a negative side when we came out from our second dive there was a scuba class happening and they proceeded to have some sort of party after their diving, yelling and screaming and being complete asses, don't dive stores know that the people that live around Whytecliff are sick and tired of divers making major noise at night? I just wish I could find out which store it was cuz I would call them and blast them in the morning

My guess Diving Locker lolololol

Went to Whytecliff yesturday too. Vis was pretty good, went in the water at 9:45.
Saw my first jellyfish, played with that one for a while. It was huuuuuuuuge.

So wish I was going out today :( Stupid pumpkin dive and stupid me working :(

Whytecliff 70ft dive
vis got better as we went deeper
4 seals ftw

The viz just keeps getting better! Last week at Kelvin's was terrific. 2 Octopus on the right in cracks on the wall, grunts in the 'condos' of cloud sponge.

Oct 18, Kelvin, about 10 feet. Below 100' it clear up
Oct 18, Porteau, under the dock about 20' on the wrecks 10', Alot of it was stirred up silt.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom