Vegetarian Divers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
cornfed once bubbled...

It's not Bolt's fault he's a vegetarian... vegetables are all that's safe to eat over there!

Nah.. I think the Chickens Okay to eat. I don't think the "Mad Chicken Disease" has migrated through the Chunnel from France yet!

But you could be right, its possible they are eating a lot more veggies since the last Foot-in-mouth epidemic.

I can't believe I am posting this... Oh Well, Its not like I'm serious about it. A little Pun between Countries never hurt anyone..

:spaninq:

Or has it.......

Windwalker once bubbled...

Nah.. I think the Chickens Okay to eat. I don't think the "Mad Chicken Disease" has migrated through the Chunnel from France yet!

But you could be right, its possible they are eating a lot more veggies since the last Foot-in-mouth epidemic.

I can't believe I am posting this... Oh Well, Its not like I'm serious about it. A little Pun between Countries never hurt anyone..

:spaninq:

Or has it.......

"Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise"

Actually there was an episode of something called Newcastle disease in chickens a few years ago and people worried about whether it was safe to eat or not :wink:

Knavey you are right - boltfish is only sixteen and as such may be getting emotionally carried away with his/her arguements and I appreciate that. It is difficult to express the tone of voice one is using on a post but my post was just trying to gently and logically point out that everyone is entitled to there own opinions. At sixteen boltfish cannot possibly be qualified to make the statements he/she is making but is merely influenced by his/her own experiences and reading so far - not that there is anything wrong with that as that is the way that the majority of people form their opinions. As such questioning other peoples qualifications and making generalised, sweeping and insulting statements about a population is uncalled for.

As you said boltfish seems affected by emotion at the moment and is not seeing that it isn't the points that are being made people are taking offence to, rather how they are being made and what the general attitude of the posts are.

Newcastle disease.. Hmm.. I guess that leaves Pigs, sheep and the Tofudabeast for meat type Food. Or are sheep prone to some sort of Baa-aaad Sickness too?

Yea, I caught the age a while ago, and was starting to think that Boltfish was trolling, especially after the Kosher Pig comment. I figure I would give him/her the benefit of the doubt and not patronize the person.

Although I am also not going to stoop down to a level where I start to generalize people based on Nationality either.

Damn French... Bad fingers.. No callamari for you tonight! :D

-boltfish once bubbled...

A male calf born to a dairy cow - what does a farmer do with this by-product of the milk industry? If he is not immediately slaughtered or factory-raised, he is made into fancy veal. To this end, he is locked up in a stall and chained by his neck to prevent him from turning around for his entire life. He is fed a special diet without iron or roughage. He is injected with antibiotics and hormones to keep him alive and to make him grow. He is kept in darkness except for feeding time. The result? A nearly full-grown animal with flesh as tender and milky-white as a newborn's. The beauty of the system, from the standpoint of the veal industry, is that meat from today's "crate veal" still fetches the premium price it always did when such flesh came only from a baby calf. But now each animal yields much more meat.

Is that humane??

MMmmmm, I call it a fine dinner just waiting for the grill! All that's missing is some mushrooms, a baked potatoe, corn on the cob and a bottle of good red wine from California or the Okanagan Valley in Canada.

In fact, I've met some vegetables (real ones) that were more intelligent than some of the 2 legged variety....
I try to dive with the ones that don't lose their colours as you go deeper...so avoid the carrots, tomatoes and peppers....
I think some of the 2 legged ones lose their brains the deeper they go as well....The stories I could tell you over a glass of V8....hahahaha

Cheers all Ears
The meat eater from down below
Gasman

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Boltfish,

You keep using the adjective "innocent" animals. I agree that, strictly speaking, the animals raised for food are, in fact, innocent.

However, do you believe that if a bear attacked someone in my family, or another human being for that matter, would then lose their innocence? If so, would you agree we could kill it (take revenge?).

I think you probably would not agree they they should be killed. Stop using the word innocent - it really has nothing to do with your argument. Unless, I'm wrong and you think animals can use innocence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom