Vegetarian Divers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boltfish, I completely respect your way of thinking. It means your heart is in the right place and you are a cognizant, evolved human being. I commend you for that. :)
And yeah, I agree that Kosher slaughter is rather unpleasant, and I could not participate in or raise animals for something like that.

But pigs? :confused: Pigs are trayf. I am confused about why anyone would kosher-kill pigs.

It was just a farmer killing a pig on his farm, and he happened to do it the Kosher way.

lragsac once bubbled...

because I've been a strict vegetarian (lacto-ovo) for over 20 years and I don't tell *anyone* what to eat. In fact, I don't really give a flyin' f*** what you eat, as long as it isn't endangered and as long as it isn't my cat. My parents, my husband, and my friends are all carnivores. Besides, at the very least, I need you to be eating cows, because then I can't justify wearing leather...

What is wrong with eating your cat? After all, if God didn't want us to eat cats why did he make them out of meat?

I stopped eating seafood a while ago...i prefer chicken and other meats

I also love salads and other vegetables. Usually when I am hungy i make myself one.

I would never eat anything that is endangered

i.e shark fin soup .....makes my blood boil just thinking about it

I don't have a problem with vegetarians.

Most of us intelligient meat-eaters have grappled with the practise of killing and eating animals; it's obvious this is the natural order but again we match wits with our conscience'. I do not think we are on the verge of being able to substain our existence without the use of animal products, including using them for test animals and food.
We certainly can kill only what we eat or need, personally I think it is reprehensible to eat the young of animals, e.g., veal, avoid uneccessary pain to the animal, manage wildlife, etc.
But we should in no way deprecate the human race because we are meat-eaters, and love the hunt, it is our nature at out core being. We are just as glorious as the tiger, stalking it's prey with skill and cunning. I believe it is this same drive that makes us great in so many human endeavers -including great divers zeN

I don't trust anyone that won't eat meat.

I refuse to eat anything that hasn't walked/crawled/swam first.

People are fascinated that I am in such great shape, yet all I eat, is meat.

Tuna, Beef, Pork, Chicken, Snake, Alligator, Boar, lobster, crab, whatever.

Think about all those helpless pants! they can't even run! how is that fair!

Humans were not built to be vegetarians, we were built to be omnivores, that is what kills me when vegetarians pop in and yell at us meat eaters for being inhuman... I am human, I eat meat, my body was designed for it, not rabbit food.

I don’t chew my cud, I don’t eat grass, but I eat what eats grass.

Most vegetarians I meet up with, don’t look good physically, usually lacking copper, or creatine, glutamine, things found in meat, needed by our bodies.

EAT MORE MEAT!!!

FIXXERVI6 once bubbled...

Think about all those helpless pants! they can't even run! how is that fair!

Yeah, all those poor helpless pants. They can't run when they don't have legs in them! :lol:

zeN|| once bubbled...

I think it is reprehensible to eat the young of animals, e.g., veal,

Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom